Low fps in low settings (With a decent PC)

Hello there! I’ve been having this problem for quite some time now and I’ve researched it on the internet to see if any fix was there for it but unfortunately it was fruitless. So I’ve come here in need of aid.

My specs:
Processor: i5 7400 @ 3.00GHz
GPU: RX 580 8GB
RAM: 8 GB

I get really low fps in team fights (around 40-60) in low settings and that has been hindering my performance in the game due to the fact that I main tracer and she is a really fast-paced character.

I’m not really experienced when it comes to pcs so I don’t know much about it, however, I’ve tried quite a bit of things to see if I could fix this issue. I’ve used DDU and wiped my Radeon drivers and installed them again to see if it’ll help but it didn’t, I’ve reset my BIOS settings to no avail, reinstall overwatch, clean the dust off of my fans and my gpu fan (even though there was little to no dust) - these “fixes” didn’t really help.

So if anyone can help me with my issue that would be really appreciated!

2 Likes

people have had this since the busan update me included and no word from blizzard yet

1 Like

Almost 1 month and blizzard simple dont give a sh%# about this issue. I cannot play since the busan update and this is frustrate . I tried everything too and nothing helped.

3 Likes

Yea man, it really sucks… I can’t play with high Fps and it’s so frustrating

Can everyone verify that you’ve tried the performance tips in the pinned threads? And also looked over the known issues thread at the top of this forum?

Yes, I have checked it out and tried them to no avail!

1 Like

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches.

yes I’ve tried everything and i still get 10 fps in training on low settings when i used to got 60+ on ultra/high

Um, well my Fps isn’t that low haha… it just drops down a lot when playing even though it shouldn’t with my specs. Maybe theres another problem for you?

ya it’s bad pretty much unplayable

One thing that helped just a little for me is to disable geforce experience overlay. You could try ?

Well I have an AMD GPU so I don’t think I can do that, haha

Well does AMD have any sort of overlay in game ? If it is the case can you disable it ?

@Anguish
Would like a few things to look into this. Starting out, we’ll want to get at DxDiag report.

From there if you can, run UserBenchmark. Once done you should receive a link to you results. Please post that in your response.

Last thing I’ll want is some HWMonitor screenshots. For that please run HWMonitor while you play. If you can, try playing for about 10-15 minutes then tab out and take screenshots of the info in HWMonitor. From there you’ll want to upload the screenshots to an image sharing site like imgur to link here.

Hey there! I tried posting the results and screenshots but It gives me an error saying “you cannot post links” or something close to that… so right now I’m in a predicament haha

use ` before and after links

1 Like

Here you go:

Reports

mediafire.com/file/313v9vm5lg9rr29/DxDiag.txt/file#
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11319518

Screenshots

prnt.sc/l3cdai
prnt.sc/l3ccqc

I’m running the game in the medium preset and it is still the same even with the low preset.

P.S: Thank you so much, Nicole, for helping me with the link issue!

1 Like

Anguish,

Appreciate the info - it shows the issue pretty readily. Your CPU is underperforming by a ton, and it’s getting super hot for low settings. You’re likely being throttled. I also see you’ve got Easytune installed. If you’re overclocking anything, disable that first. You’ll want to resolve the overheating - give the inside of the PC a clean, especially near the CPU. If that doesn’t fix things, take the PC to a PC tech to see if they can check the heat hardware. Could be thermal paste, a bad fan, etc.

1 Like

Ah I see, thank you so much for helping me!! Hope you have a good day!