Low FPS but FPS counter says high

My wife is getting really low FPS, like 10 FPS, however the FPS counter in the top left is still saying around 100-120.

This has happened before and we can’t remember what we did to fix it.

Solved: Her resolution was the the same but after the update it was switched to 24 hertz instead of 144.

1 Like

The tech support forums and this forum are SLAMMED with FPS complaints. I am NOT seeing this game utilizing ANY of the GPU at all. That is concerning. It is putting ALL of the load on the CPU. Which is NOT a rendering device. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Is this since the last update?

It started roughly in the time of Moira being added in the game, but progressively became worse since September of Last year. Today’s patch has many players here talking about FPS loss, stuttering and so fourth.

The problem finally has shown through that the game is NOT utilizing the GPU much, if at all. While any title that is not “overwatch” that I have on here. works just fine and always has. This game. WOW… It is not working like it should. Even after the repairs and fixes.

The FPS drop after the update has been confirmed an issue by Blizzard and is being worked on.

1 Like

This literally explains to why my old 1050ti went from 120 fps High to 70 fps low, thank god i bought a new card.

1 Like

I’ve tried this game on MULTIPLE cards.

• The GTX 1050 ‘short’ card.
  • The GTX 1060 “short card”
  • The GTX 1060 SSC
  • GTX 1060 FTW+ (with a full coverage water block
  • The GTX 1080 Founders with water block
  • RTX 2060 founders

I haven’t really come across a good patch from windows, the graphics card company or even a board or processor that doesn’t have this problem. Each patch it became worse and fresh installations of windows and this game never made a difference.

This last patch was a big shock to me. As the issues are there.

You guys who have the problem running AMD CPU?
My wife is, but I’m on Intel.

Hey everyone, Blizzard has been tracking these issues and have a fix in the works:

It’s a bug when people use voicelines, the comwheel, speak in chat, and stuff like that. Seems to have something to do with the text being displayed through the UI

Workaround is to squelch chat/turn off chat with ALT+C.

Some people also report restarting the game every 30 minutes or so seems to keep them from experiencing it.

No matter how many times you post this, it doesn’t make it true.

This is a new bug.

Try this

While the game is running, tab out and open task manager. Under processes right click on OW and click expand. Then right click OW Application and click on Properties. In there go to the Compatability tab and check “Disable full-screen optimisations”, apply and close it. Restart OW.

I have been having this issue since last year Halloween event. My fps would be 160-180 stable, then suddenly plummet to stable 120-140 then after a bit it would go to stable 90-100. Only fix was restarting the game. (Sometimes it didn’t even help)

For ducks sake, my CPU may be old, but my GPU is Gtx 1060 Strix. It’s as good as a GTX 1070. I can’t play this game as a Dps most of the time due to micro stutters screwing my aim.

Still happening even though Blizzard “fixed” it.
Task manager says it’s using 6% CPU and 0% GPU in the menu.

Solved: Her resolution was the the same but after the update it was switched to 24 hertz instead of 144.