Low CPU and GPU usage in Overwatch

I get very low GPU and CPU usage in overwatch, both sit at about 20% while I am in game and my framerate won’t even hit 30fps. I have already tried reinstalling the graphic drivers, reinstalling overwatch, and have made sure that the game is using my dedicated GPU as I am on a laptop.

CPU: Core i7-11800H
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop
RAM: 32GB (16G*2) DDR4 3200MHz

Howdy!

This is a sign of a throttle. This could be general settings or in worst case overheating if you see high performance it drop. If it’s always lower performance I recommend the following steps:

1. Set your Operating System and Nvidia Power Settings to high performance!
  • Operating System steps can be found here: Configuring Power Management Settings - Blizzard Support

• NVIDIA Steps: Right click on your Desktop → NVIDIA Control Panel → Manage 3D Settings → Under the Global Settings tab → Select: Power Management mode → Prefer Maximum Performance. Apply → Exit the window.

1. Startup Overwatch → Options → Video → Make the following changes:
  • Vsync off
  • Triple Buffering off
  • Reduce Buffering on
  • Enable NVIDIA Reflex
  • Limit FPS → Display-Based
  • Graphics Quality at first try high.
    → Click the Advanced + drop down change Render Scale to 100% (only no Automatic)
    Apply, exit the client and launch it again to retest.

If the issue continues, I would recommend to review our performance troubleshooting Here and or GUIDE: Maximizing System Performance for Overwatch (PC)

Let us know if you continue to run into any issues! Thank you.

I do not believe it to be a throttling issue as I already had already set all the performance steps you listed and my temperature is a good 20 degrees below where laptops generally start throttling.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.