Love the Hog changes but

Hog is still dinner for ult charge, which is his biggest weakness. I was hoping we’d see some changes with the amount of feeding Hog does but nope. He’s still just a giant target for tons of ult charge. Other than that, Hog does feel cleaner and better, which is good to see.

7 Likes

I wasn’t going to bring it up but yeah, I just wanted to feed less.

1 Like

They’d have to change the ult charge rate for damage dealt against all heroes so it’ll be inconsistent if they changed one character’s Ult charge rate.

2 Likes

Every hero needs a weakness, I don’t care how much ult I feed as long as I can consistently kill enemies with him.

12 Likes

Or they could make it a passive ability of Hog’s.

1 Like

I mean this will never change. It’s a fundamental weakness about Hog. If this was changed he would need nerfs in a way to balance it because he honestly feels VERY good to me on the PTR now.

4 Likes

Hook, TAB, and Whole Hog are good general counters for a lot of Ults he helps charge.

At least that’s clearly what they intend with him.

Hog has always been fat ult charge. That’s his design. Hook or Feed.

I think this patch will help him so much.

Consistency has always been his problem

Hook is now more consistent

His shotgun is now more consistent

More consistent Hook + Shotgun = More consistent one shots

2 Likes

Isn’t being ult battery is his downside for being best duel tank?

2 Likes

What you wanted his hitbox reduced? put the poor man/pig on a diet so that hes not as fat? Dont do that to him

1 Like

Coming from an American, this is the worst nerf he would ever possibly get.

A Nerf to that beautiful belly

1 Like

Feels good to you, but unless you can carry with him you’re going to be the #1 reason your team loses in the end because the thing hog is best at is making sure the enemy DPS all have their ults charged for that last push.

If he feels good, but you lose your team games, he won’t feel good for long.

I love that he does more consistent damage now and that his hook is better. Not sure if the ult changes will help or not.

You can play around the ult feeding as hog. Flanking and corner peaking or standing behind a shield always. If you’re out in the open as hog you’re throwing

I want his ult to get the take a breather treatment (50% damage resistance and full movement speed) because that would give it more utility as well as give him another way to prevent feeding.

This is all conjecture and assumptions? What’s your point that Hog can feed? Everyone knows that. Except now he can hurt the opponents back.

As someone that’s played a lot of hog, the ult battery aspect of his kit is a weakness he trades for having lots of HP, good survivability with his E, and high damage. It’s a weakness of any off-tank that should be there so that it doesn’t feel like they are stacking more ults compared to you.

1 Like

i mean, he is meant to be a kind of tank that can…well assassainate other heroes, an assassin tank

a Bruiser

1 Like

Oh, I was distracted…so what were his changes? Did he get a bit of damage back? And what was the animation thing? Cant look it up myself cuz mobile.