Love Playing Against 6 Stacks

As a solo queue player, this should never happen. Make it so real comp is solo/duo queue only. Put a comp mode for stacks in arcade, like open queue

4 Likes

I agree, I’ve always wanted solo queue only.

3 Likes

I like to play against 6-stacks because the matchmaker makes sure they are all complete pepega to let you win them solo. Individually, these players are performing badly. The only benefit they get is making a composition, but it doesn’t mean they will make it work because there is still an individual skill gap. You will just outperform them, and you can also negotiate with a bunch of randoms to provide a better composition to completely screw that 6-stack. Overwatch matchmaker has been proven to punish stacks and promotes solo q. It is much easier to climb solo compared to duo, tripple, 4-stack or 6-stack. Unless you are 4 stacking 2 tanks+dps+support and all of them are GM smurfing/boosting in plat. But even 4-stacking and getting high win rates will force matchmaker to give you absolute clowns on the rest of two free slots.

It has been stated by Jeff himself that the most unbalanced games occur when a 6-stack is matched against 6 solos (in favor of the 6-stack), and that the matchmaker tries to avoid those situations as much as possible. There is absolutely no evidence to show that solo queue players are at an advantage when playing against stacks.

2 Likes

I am as a booster spent like 3 years in that industry seen a lot of 6-stacks against me being in a team of solos (you can check it by inviting players in your team to a group during the match), and the 6-stack still lose the game. That way, the matchmaker is trying to balance out the hardcore smurf in the team of solos, usually. OW balancing team unironically don’t know how their matchmaker works. Actual players know it better, believe me, or not, I know every single abuse in this game. I know how to manipulate it in multiple ways. As being said, if you have any advantage like a 4-stack of GMs you will be handicapped with 2 afk players in your team and get up to 4 hardcore smurfs against you or the same 4-stack of boosters. Matchmaker is trying to force 50%-50% chances for the match, no matter how good you are. Thanks for the hidden MMR! Don’t listen to devs, listen to actual players. Devs have lost all the credit already. You can ask any actual player that has seen gm-top500, how stacking even in plat make these games instantly feel like it is master’s avg. Stacking is punished but you can make it work if you have 6-stack with a skill advantage, so matchmaker can not equalize you with handicapped players, cause there is no slot to put them in on your side, and there is also skill advantage on your side since you have a stack of boosters. But if you have a 6-stack of randys just playing for fun, the matchmaker will beat the sheesh out of that 6-stack.
The other way to manipulate the matchmaker, let’s say you need to boost the 3300 SR account up to masters, so you need to have like a 2300-ish account to play on in duo with that 3300 SR account to create this skill-gap in between. And that way you can make it up to 3500 on the other account by bamboozling the matchmaker that will think how to equalize 2300 SR account to make it easier for that account. The matchmaker will give you better teammates that can carry your 2300 SR weight. But you are still GM just playing on that golden account, and by duoing with a higher SR account, you will make the matchmaker to work in your way. That is called SR gap abuse.

3 Likes

I mostly agree with your post, especially this part (also known as handicapping):

But the main reason a 6 stack of Randys lose is because they often go against other stacks with boosters or smurfs. If it’s a Randy 6-stack against 6 solo Randys then the 6 stack should win. Since most large stack teams have at least one smurf it puts the solos at even more of a disadvantage.

You are not wrong, but usually, these 6 solos have much better players in that solo team, which hints for the matchmaker that they are able to contest that current 6-stack against them and the matchmaker has to put that 6-stack against something eventually. But not all of those 6-soloes will realize that they have actual carries in their team because you know they are in low elo for a reason, having no situational awareness. That way all they see is that they are at a disadvantage, and it breaks their mind while actually having a good chance to win with what they have. But yeah, the matchmaker is not perfect, but what I am saying is players exaggerate more than it actually is. On practice, I have seen more loosing 6-stacks against stronger solos than vice versa. Asking other ppl to stack up for no reason gets me responds like “you know that we are going to get punished for stacking like that?” So we do that on alt account where we have sort of skill advantage to be able to carry that in duo or 4 stack or something like that.
In games like Valorant, for instance, stacking is being rewarded. The game wants you to play as a team. OW is a complete mess compared to that. Overwatch is a very misleading game. It forces a team play, but rewards solo play way more.

funny thing is he 100% confirms all algorithmic handicapping theories that our forum top500 deny.

1 Like

If you want the game to be less competitive then play quick play, it’s literally meant to be COMPETITIVE, also if you just have no friends use find a group

1 Like