Lost SR when I left search for game

I wasn’t in a game at all, I got a call on my phone, so I cancelled the search for the game, and when I checked again, I was down 50SR.

Did you immediately close the game client after cancelling the search? What happens is that there is a fraction of time where you can still be paired into a match and if you do it take as much as 10 seconds for the match to appear on screen. Because of this you were marked as a leaver and penalized appropriately.

While this is a rare occurrence, the best practice is to wait 10 seconds before completely closing your game client after you cancel a search for a Competitive Game in order to avoid this problem completely.

Also note, that I maintain a suggest idea list which takes this problem and other ones to help players prevent unnecessary penalties like this in this topic:

Tonight has been lot of same issues… Seen between matches lot complains about this and also got twice myself. So only error you see is “Failed to connect server” in chat… game doesnt load at all… And rejoin button is not working since its automatically cancel game for “youre leaving”. Just odd that y-day after maintances havent seen any complains in game chat about issue and in forums just few posts… but tonight (last 5h) have seen around 100 complains at general chat (EU)

I had the same issue, I lost SR when canceling a search queue and I was about to hit Grandmaster.