Lost SR because the servers kicked me out of the game

Server was totally unresponsive for over 1 minute and i got kicked from a competitive game costing me SR as one of our team had already left i was then penalized for leaving before the 2 minute timer. the top right of my launcher showed connecting for the full minute. I know it was not my internet as my discord chat did not freeze or go to the Robot voice.

It also happened in an earlier game however in that once i was able to get back in before the 2 minute warning ended. however i still had to relaunch overwatch costing my team the point (im not as annoyed about this one as we still one the match)

Please look into this and see if others are having similar issues. Thanks

Sincerely Pingu

1 Like

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in red text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

Rejoining a game is only possible during certain phases of the game. If you leave a game either during the pre-game or during the first minute of the game, the game will automatically cancel (remember the 10 second rule does not apply to the leaver, but as a warning to other players that the match will cancel). You can rejoin the match during the initial hero selection screen if you are lucky enough to quickly reconnect though.

Otherwise, you can only rejoin any-time after one-minute of match time has passed up until the match completes. However you only have two minutes to do so without penalty. If you rejoin a match after two-minutes, you will still automatically be marked with a loss an be penalized with a -50 SR cut and a ten-minute suspension. This rule ensures that no one can abusive the leaver system by attempting to return to a match after deliberately leaving in order to avoid such penalties. Furthermore leaving three or more times in a single match will result in an automatic penalty. If you fail to return to a match by the time it ends normally (regardless of match result) you will be penalized.

same here i lost 50 sr because the servers kicked me out. Blizzard can i get my sr back? My acount name is MATS