Lost Sr and banned, not sure why?

While queuing in a 4 stack with some friends, we found a game but when it loaded I was stuck on the main menu? It cost me 50 sr and I got a 10 minute ban, I have a screenshot saying I failed to connect to server, yet my group chat comms were fine and I could still see people typing in the game? Very confused please help.

2 Likes

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in red text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new topic in the Technical Discussion forum saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

Actually, Wyoming, the NA server went down. This person’s descriptions of not being able to connect fit perfectly with other people’s experiences of being shown a black screen and/or losing SR.

1 Like

Comparing to other players is not accurate to describe one’s own problem and blame it on the server. Of course it’s going to look like that in comparison to other players. Disconnections has been, and always will be, the most common problem associated with any online video game. I only suspect a server issue if multiple players report an identical problem within a matter of seconds of each other here on the forums.

Of course if Blizzard detects a problem if either their Network providers or their servers, which they always monitor 24 hours 7 days a week. They will send out a notification via Twitter and their support site, warning players of the disconnection possibilities.

1 Like

Explain to me how EVERYONE on BOTH teams not being able to connect to a match and losing SR being deemed a leaver makes as sense to EVERY one of those peoples’ internets going wonky at the same time and disconnecting them? Add to that? All the people talking about a similar experience in General Chat at the same time.

It was Blizzard servers, Wyoming.

PS. There ARE multiple threads in a few moments of each other about this issue and there were dozens of tweets yesterday to Blizz Support and Overwatch that went unanswered – my own included.

4 Likes

The internet is far more complicated than what you lead yourself to believe. You must understand each players connection goes through a series of routers to connect to any given web page, service, or stream. A problem at any one of these nodes causes that player to disconnect. The closer that faulty node is to Blizzard game server is can cause multiple players to disconnect in certain cases. Usually, if there is a mass problem like that, it is quickly resolved by the network provider. Extremely rarely is there a server related issue that affects a majority of players.

There are always multiple threads, but I look for very specific patterns including the frequency of posts made to each other before I begin to suspect a major issue affecting several players. Also, this is the bug report forum. Here is where you should be posting about malfunctions with how the game functions such as how the characters interact with each other or the enviroment. I do check this forum for those who may be posting incorrectly in this forum and not the technical support forum because posts do go unanswered here… for a reason:

Bug Report Forum Guidelines

2 Likes

blizzard sucks why i lose sr cause they servers dogcrap

4 Likes

It’s your connection. And please be mindful of the date of the thread.

I got demote 50 point from comp because ow is bug

When me and my friend was waiting the room for comp and when we found it I cannot join the room it was only show that rejoin and I can do nothing, then you demote and ban me. what the hell is that? please fix it and get my point back.

20/SEP/2018
around 8.15-8.40 pm GMT+7

https://www.img.in.th/images/bde15b3799cab5d233bb5f3487706762.jpg

2 Likes

Je n’ai rien compris de ce qui c’est passé je lance une rank la game commence et d’un coup mon jeu se ferme ducoup sa annule la game et bim -50 et ban pendant 30 min pourquoi a chaque fois que je suis a une game du diamant il faut que je me mange un moins 50 alors que je n’ai rien fait mon jeu c’est fermé tout seul en pleine game dégoûter

1 Like

hey everyone i just wanna tell how s*** things are with competetive queue atm. yesterday between 2030 and 2100 i think it was i queued for a game. i decided to make myself some food so i cancelled the queue at once AND I GOT A 10MIN BAN AND LOST MY 50SR!!! IT DID NOT SAY IT FOUND A GAME OR ANYTHING FIX THIS OR ILL QUIT NOT WIERD GAME IS DYING

2 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t care. They will not give you back SR. Their response will be to keep playing to get your SR. Well, I took their advice, and won games only to have my SR taken away, 50 each time, and given a suspension. So i took their advice and lost over 100 sr and got multiple suspensions. Happened 3 times to me. Hmm… blizzard really doesn’t care.

2 Likes

Played with a friend in a party, hit the start of the match in lucioboll. He wrote to me that he needs to move away, and when I, being in the menu, clicked cancel search, then got -50 rating and ban for 10 minutes. WTF Blizzard

I had the same problem
It never let me enter the game and when i go back to overwatch main menu to join quickly before i get the penaltie.
I press join the game for 15 second but it was not work .after that i could see the all 11 players on endorsement page that mean the network is fine and it is the server error

Thanks blizzard
It happend to me again
And passed only less than 1 hour from the first one
And i lost 100 sr
(The error can,t be from my connection )
It a bug from the server

Playing normaly and in 3 games i lost over 300 Sr Thanks Blizzard

disconnected cause of blizzard, lost SR, suspended for 55 minutes, run your company to the ground pls, so a better one can take your place.

2 Likes

That’s your internet and please don’t Necro old threads.