Lost progression on account merge

Our issue isn’t lost levels in particular, we lost everything. A display issue wouldn’t remove all of our cosmetics, and in my case, even my friends list.

2 Likes

Me too. Lost it all. So so so sad.

3 Likes

I too, have lost everything :frowning: hopefully they fix

3 Likes

Just happened to me today as well. Has anyone found any solutions yet?

3 Likes

I just linked my xbox account to my laptop and it wiped all progress even on the xbox. This really sucks

4 Likes

Just happened to me in 2023. Tried to merge my account from Xbox to PC last weekend (07/15/2023) and didn’t receive anything. Once I logged back in Xbox, my account was wiped. I even still have my achievements and hours played on my Xbox profile but in the game everything was wiped.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I’ve compiled a list of similar posts regarding similar bugs under: Competitive Career Statistics Page. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

1 Like

Similar thing happened to me.

10 months ago. I finally got into OW2, merged properly, everything was fine, skins, friends, progress, I bought the premium battlepass. The merge screen popped up again, I didn’t think much of it other than, “Oh it must have not worked properly.” So I pressed confirm. Shouldn’t have done that. As soon as I restarted my game after coming off for the day everything was gone.

I checked to see if my account was merged properly on my battle.net and it was. I took out a ticket and they replied;

“I understand the annoyance with this issue. We are receiving reports of players having lost progress or have missing skins in Overwatch 2. Our engineers are aware of this issue and have fixed several bugs, but there are some that still persist. While this is a high priority issue, I don’t have an exact ETA on when it will be fixed but I would expect very soon given the impact of it.”

A month passed and I replied;

“ Hello, the issue still hasn’t been resolved. I would appreciate it if you could have a look into my account as I’ve poured many hours into this game and now it just feels like a waste unfortunately, I know you guys are working really hard to sort it out but it seems like a lot of people are getting their accounts sorted and I still haven’t gotten my cosmetics/progress back. I have proof that I had the cosmetics if the data has been deleted.”

And they just told me to post here. I eventually gave up.

Today I tried sorting it out again because I saw that the PVE is being released soon, and
I desperately wanted to try and sort it again because I have missed this game. Still won’t work, I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong. I still have all the trophies on my PlayStation account so there’s proof of progression. I am really annoyed that it’s not been sorted yet. Feels like a massive waste of time. :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve lost everything. I want to cry.
Played loads of overwatch on Xbox 360. Got a ps4 and played a little overwatch, on that I had the widow noire skin. Then got an Xbox one and again, played so many hours in that. Managed to have my Xbox 360 stuff on my Xbox one account and was a bit mad I couldn’t link my PS stuff at the time. I’m sat here thinking, I want that noire skin on my overwatch 2 Xbox account. So I tried linking them. But my Os account has overridden all the hours of my Xbox account. So I basically have a fresh account with little hours and a few skins. I’ve lost all my Xbox progression. Has anyone got a fix for this? Please? I’m freaking out

1 Like

Same thing happened to me 8/29/2023. Been playing Overwatch 1 on console since launch. Merged account to Overwatch 2 on console successfully. Tried to merge to PC today and everything is wiped. And I’m one of the suckers who spent money on battle pass. And spent money in Overwatch 1. To lose it all is dumb and frustrating. Well I’ve been looking for a reason to stop spending money on this game, and now I’ve found it.

1 Like

Something similar like that happened to me too, I hope you can find a way to get your stuff back or atleast get refunded! Wish you luck man!

1 Like

I don’t see a single Blizzard reply in this thread. Why are we asked to report bugs here if they won’t help us? Are they just going to ignore us forever?

1 Like

I’ve had this exact issue since the release of Overwatch 2. I merged my console to desktop and have lost absolutely everything acquired since the release of Overwatch 1.

Support are absolutely useless, they’ll just keep coming back with “make sure you’ve connected the correct account”, or “make a post on the forums” (which they do not reply to). At this point I’ve pretty much given up with it, but still leaves me with the question - how on earth do they think it’s fine to just wipe years and years of progress and not offer any proper support? Especially when money has been involved. Is it legal for them to just take what you’ve invested money into because of a bug and not attempt to rectify it?

My only way of comprehending this is that they’ve completely screwed this up and have genuinely lost the progress and don’t want to admit it. Seems very strange…

1 Like

07/10/23

This is still happening. Moving over to PC so I merged my Xbox account that I’ve had since 2016, gold weapons, comp rewards all the way back to season 1, pink mercy skin, all stars skins, Overwatch league skins, all things I spent REAL money, £1000 at the very least, gone.

Invasion bundle dlc which I spent £12.99 on before merging, can’t access it.

I’ve sent a ticket to blizzard and had no response.
I feel robbed.

3 Likes

Same here, just merged my accounts and I lost all my Playstation progress… it sucks

1 Like

Same here, lost everything all the time and money i spent on this game all gone to waste. with the amount of people this is happening to there needs to be a solution or at least some substantial compensation. this is ridiculous

I recently encountered the same problem. I decided I wanted to start practicing PC and merged my Xbox account (of which I had been playing since like 2017 with a bunch of hours, skins and purchases) and it synced with nothing. When I loaded my account of Xbox, it had been wiped. I was devastated. I am more devastated after contacting support and being essentially blamed for the problem. Saying my account link must’ve been wrong, it wasn’t, and that they couldn’t do anything manually. I am upset and unsure of what to do. The lack of accountability is a joke.

How is this possible? It wasn’t bad enough that they’ve so horribly treated the game, I also just now lost 7+ years of skins, voice lines and everything because I clicked their buttons in their app?

Blizzard? WTF?

This is now a year old bug report in which paying customers lost everything that they paid for.

This is Blizzard in a nutshell.

April of 24 and this is still an issue, blizard needs to compensate the playerbase that they affected by releasing a less than sub-par game, support system and more. If you couldn’t tell, I lost over 1 thousand dollars worth of comp sprays skins voice lines and more

The same stuff happened to me I had a error saying I cant add anyone i was even un adding people still couldn’t add it said on the post to fix error merge accounts itll fix it nope just wiped my account all that progress from 2019 gone