Lost MY Connection

You already know what this is. “Lost Connection to Server” the moment I log in. I’ve been incessantly troubleshooting, going through various guides, and nothing has worked. I checked in with my ISP and updated my drivers. I can play every other mutliplayer game I own perfectly fine, most of which have much huger lobbies and even greater performance demands. I’m not looking for a “fix” at this point, because I know that’s not happening. I’m just venting to share my frustrations with fellow players who might possess similar sentiments regarding Blizzard’s crappy servers. The toxic players? I can handle those. Throwers and one-tricks? Fine. The constant and rapid addition of new heroes to Comp? Whatever. Getting disconnected during comp matches and being penalized for it? Yeah, that sucks a lot. But not being able to even login and at LEAST play Arcade? Okay… I rest my case as this game rests in its grave. Goodbye, Overwatch.

Forum Moderator Note: Topic title has been edited due to masked obscene language.

probably maintenance or a blizzard error. try reseting ur pc or logigng out and back in maybe uninstalling blizzard

Constant and rapid new heroes? I was with you… And then you said this which invalidates the rest of your post as far as I am concerned.

Post in the technical support forums and they will help you diagnose the problem. A lot of times it can be things you don’t realize or something between you and the server.

1 Like

The title is giving me life rn

1 Like

Give it 2 more months before the new Support hero comes out

In my experience it’s been my computer.

I have 1 computer that I have to use right now that can play many single player games fine, can run overwatch, but it struggles to keep connection to Blizzard’s servers and always crashes. I find it happens more when I’m in groups than playing solo.

But same house, same internet, different computer (my actual gaming PC that’s currently waiting to be fixed) has 0 issues. It’s never struggled to connect, never had a crash, etc.

So maybe you should look into your hardware. I’m not saying it is the issue, but I struggle with my lower quality gaming PC to stay connected and even DC in the lobby, which is why I didn’t play comp for over 10 seasons and had to quit comp

1 Like

I haven’t been able to login into the game for like a week now, “Lost connection to game server” is the message I keep getting. I tried everything but still.

1 Like

Did you check your router that forced Auto Update may is active?

Its sad that many games work fine for someone loses DC for a very short time, your client will stay in game for may 10 sec. Overwatch kicks you immediately, have to relogin or restart the game (cost more time)

hi we have the same problem… what is your internet provider? mine is globe telecom, and my internet is very stable i can play any games without being disconnected , only overwatch =(

1 Like

Here: imgur.c o m/cvZr9IL is an example of what I mean. You can’t make this stuff up.

I mean… you could, but…

My condolences to everyone else who is having similar issues. I was able to login after doing a few more fixes regarding Fullscreen optimization due to Windows 10 and so I realize that the issue IS my computer! However the issue today is even more perplexing to me. Whenever I AM able to login, I am always muted. I tried checking my PC to see if the new sound board I installed caused an issue. I ended up uninstalling it, only to realize after complaining about being unable to make callouts in midgame (Quickplay, because I still get disconnected in Comp) that others were having the same issue with being muted.

I will admit that the issue is not always due to Blizzard’s servers being straight poo-poo… However, was it not also Todd Howard’s blunder when failing to test-run Fallout 4 on lower-end PCs to be sure the game’s hardcoded fog (intended for cinematic purposes) wouldn’t make it unplayable for those who can’t afford higher-end gaming PCs?

It’s the responsibility of the producers to be sure their game is compatible. However, I’ll definitely say that Windows 10 is stupid itself. Can’t put ALL the blame on Blizzard! Yet I still can’t claim that Blizzard is somehow righteous in this case. When you publish a game, you wanna be sure your game is accessible for everyone. I’m being too hard on them, I know. But that’s just because I genuinely love this game.

I have cox in the state of kansas, and I am unable to connect to overwatch 9 out of 10 times. Blizzard needs to be aware of this so the ycan fix this.

Hey everyone, for any COX subscribers, be sure to post in this thread if you have not already:

For anyone else, it helps out the most to start your own individual thread listing your ISP and city of residence along with the results of a WinMTR test:

WinMTR instructions:

1. Download WinMTR from Download WinMTR-v092.zip (WinMTR) (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:

• US West - 24.105.30.129
  • US Central - 24.105.62.129
  • Brazil - 54.207.107.12
  • Europe - 185.60.114.159
  • Europe - 185.60.112.157
  • Korea - 211.234.110.1
  • Taiwan - 203.66.81.98
1 Like

You’re very helpful. I appreciate the detailed guidance despite the fact that a formal request was not submitted. You do Overwatch justice.