Lost connection to game server

Im not sure why but after a certain amount of time I always lose connection to game server. It happens like every 1 hour or so and it gets very frustrating. I have done many things to do with my router but I doubt its my internet as this NEVER happens to me in any other game except overwatch :frowning:.

1 Like

Are you on console or PC, because I get an LC-202 error code on PS4 constantly and itā€™s nothing to do with my router

2 Likes

Im on Pc and theres no error code. Its just losing connection to game server.

Oh well I get constant ā€œlost connection to game serverā€ on PS4

2 Likes

Blizzard, any updates on this regarding PS4? Iā€™ve spent the last week battling and losing to lc-202 and legit donā€™t know what else to do. This is the first time Iā€™ve seen this error out of all the years Iā€™ve been playing.

Overwatch is the ONLY game this error pops up in. Iā€™ve done everything I can think of to the point I bought the game digitally and reinstalled (since i had it on disc) and donā€™t know what else to do. Iā€™m playing from South Korea and ISP is LG plus.
Ps4 test connection reveals 68 down and 10 up.

Iā€™ve disconnected and reconnected my blizzard account at least 5 times now.
Updated system software
Reinstalled.
Cut off all my network devices (including ps4) for 10 min before reconnecting several times
Updated router firmware
Opened ports
Ran looking glass but doesnt display any errors, Though i dont really know what im looking for either.
Tried changing DNS to google servers 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

What is going on?

You ever get this fixed? Iā€™m out of ideas and it sucks because overwatch was the only game I was playing :frowning: Iā€™ve watched every youtube video, checked every forum regarding this and it seems like there is something wrong on the server side with no fix.

Itā€™s a overwatch ps4 issue specifically, i booted up the game on pc and it hasnā€™t lc-202 at all.

Never got it fixed, Iā€™m in the exact same spot you are, tried everything and nothing works. Again, overwatch its my fav game and its become unplayable with all the disconnections

Yeah iā€™ve been having this same problem on my laptop, for no sudden reason it just randomly disconnects me from the game i dunno why? And its only happening in OverWatch no other game eitherā€¦

I left ps4 because of this issue smh i play on pc with my ps4 controller. Havenā€™t got this error on pc at all.

I started having the same issue last night, kicked 4 times in 3 hours. Submitted a ticket, come on blizzard itā€™s a little ridiculous, especially the fact that players are being penalized for ā€œleaving matches earlyā€ā€¦what a joke! This issue doesnā€™t arise in ANY other game on my PC.

ā€œLost connection to game serverā€ is a local connection error, and is different from when there is a server outage. It could be your ISP or the many ISPs between you and Blizzard that make your connection possible.

If it is specifically happening once an hour, this is normally caused by your modem releasing and renewing your IP. Some games wonā€™t view this as a disconnection, but Overwatch usually will. It requires lots of packets per second, and missing those will cause a connection loss. This would be something youā€™d need to ask your ISP for assistance adjusting.

In the meantime, we can probably see where the issue is happening with a WinMTR.

Update. I came back to playing ps4 after taking a month off. The game was working fine for a few days, but then I loaded one of my overwatch communities and tried to join a party. Never joined a party, just loaded and looked through the party list. Not even 5 minutes later going back into the game, the errors started again. I tried like 2 more times and it kept happening. I gave up and came back on the next day and left my overwatch community before booting up the game and it is playing fine. Ran 6 matches with no errors whatsoever before i decided to get off and play another game.