"Lost Connection to Game Server" PS4 and PC

So does anyone know how to fix the "Lost connection to gamer server" message when queuing with a group?

I recently only had this happen on PS4 where it wouldn’t let me into the match when in a group, and the only solution was to restart the game. It lets everyone else in the group in, except me where I am stuck in the menus. It still functions normally where I can navigate the menus and it looks like I am still queuing. My group says I am in the game, but I am AFK.

I recently thought this was only on PS4, but as I have been playing PC more, the same thing is happening. Yet it still only happens to me, even on separate accounts and systems. Except with PC, when I restart Overwatch, it won’t even let me log back in, leaving me with the only option to reset my whole computer.

I have looked around and it seems that this isn’t that uncommon of an issue, finding topics about this as far as 3 years back. The problem is that no one ever seems to find a solution. This has been something I have been dealing with for a long time now and now across platforms with it being increasingly common. Has there been a way to fix this or am I just out of luck?

Extra Info
  • Used to only happen with competitive, now expanding across seemingly every mode.

• Have lost a lot of SR and gotten penalties because of this

• One time on PC it kept happening even after I restarted and the only way we got it to work was to disband the group and recreate it

• No one else with whom I play with has gotten this except me

• My wifi works perfectly fine and I can still do other things, this has only been a problem with Overwatch

• Have dealt with this issue for a long time, but it has become more prevalent and to the point where I need to specifically call out and see if there’s a way I can fix this. I am losing a lot of SR and endorsements.

It’s possible that your WiFi isn’t able to keep up with the more than 60 packets per second required by the game client. This is especially true in Competitive, where a lot of game info is being parsed. Have you tried a cable connection?