Lost 50SR without even joining the match?

So whenever I join a Competitive Match it takes a little while to load, and says “Rejoin Match” instead of Play, and then loads me. But this time, it just stood in the Main Menu saying “Rejoin Match”, and I couldn’t click on it. Then, after 10 - 20 seconds, it said “Play” again. I click on “Play”, and now I’ve lost 50SR and I got banned for 10 minutes.

Blizzard, can you please fix glitches like this? I don’t know if it was my connection or not, but this was really stupid. I’ve dropped around 300 R and I’m trying to climb back up before the season ends, and I just lost 50SR out of the blue.

Sorry, just wanted to make a post about this to let out my anger. Does anybody know what happened though? It just didn’t load me in the game…

1 Like

Same thing happened to me, I’ve been having this issue for a few days now… I play on ps4.

There was something in your connection that caused this to happen, it may not have been your end of the internet, but something inbetween. If this is happening frequently, avoid Competitive and begin connection troubleshooting or head for the technical support forum and post a WinMTR test there.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Thanks for the help. It only happened once though, and my internet is fine now.

I know this is a late response but after I joined another game and the guys in there said they disconnected too, and they told me it happened before to Wraxu and that everyone got disconnected. Not sure what happened, but thanks anyways.

its a load of bs right? happened a bunch today. Blizzard says its not their fault and ‘your account will balance out’. sure maybe but doesnt really make the user experience very enjoyable. really dropping the ball on customer relations on this one.

That randomly happened to me too two times in all seasons I played. No idea what causes the bug. It’s not like I was afk. Both times I was staring at the menu when I q for ranked and then a few seconds later I was suspended for 10 min with -50 sr penalty. Very strange bug but pretty uncommon. Super annoying though

Yeah the game afterwards (this was a LONG time ago) the other people said they all dced, feelsbadman D: