Lost 50 SR due to server

I was queuing with a friend in comp right after echo released to see what she was like. Our first match went perfectly fine, we won after managing to take the opposing Echo down. Right after, we decided to queue again, and we found a game within a minute. Right after the game tells us we were “joining game”, the saw “REJOIN GAME” on our screens. We clicked as many times as we wanted, but the game refused to connect us to the server. The game showed the yellow “Failed to connect to server.” message in the chat, and suddenly the REJOIN GAME button disappeared. After checking our career profile, both of us had lost 50 SR for apparently leaving a comp game, despite never having been able to join the game in the first place.

I recorded the situation with Shadowplay, but I’m currently unable to post it, as Shadowplay is preventing me from logging in with Youtube.

Could me and my friend get our 50 SR back please? We did nothing wrong, this was the server’s fault.

My friend’s battletag is Oddmidod#2956

I literally experienced the same issue. After winning a match I instantly qued up for the next one and then I was stuck on the ‘chose role’ screen. Couldn’t click on anything at all. I restarted the game and found out I lost 50 sr…

Unfortunately SR cannot be refunded. Don’t stress over this too much as it is easy to recover the SR by completing games as your hidden MMR will be out of alignment. Just don’t play Competitive without thoroughly checking to make sure there are no more connection issues.

If you are finding that you are disconnecting often, be sure to check your computer and router for possible connection issues (click here). Otherwise we can help you pinpoint connection issues if you run a WinMTR test.

WinMTR Instructions
  1. Download WinMTR from Download WinMTR-v092.zip (WinMTR) (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:

• US West - 24.105.30.129
  • US Central - 24.105.62.129
  • Brazil - 54.207.107.12
  • Europe Netherlands - 185.60.114.159
  • Europe France - 185.60.112.157
  • Korea - 211.234.110.1
  • Taiwan - 203.66.81.98
  • Australia - 37.244.42.56