Lost 33 SR on one match with a great performance... Really?

I can see 20 SR or 25 SR, but 33 is the most I’ve ever lost and it wasn’t even a poor performance. This is just ridiculous how this game seems to arbitrarily punish and reward you for games when you know it was either, not so good and you got decent SR or very bad and lost very little. Especially when both teams are equal in SR. This is the reason I hate Overwatch Comp SSSSSOOOOO MUCH! Absolutely the worst competitive system out there.
adendum- Next match we won within 2 minutes, 12 kills, 0 deaths, 14 SR. Yay… so if you do amazing and get gold in three categories, it still doesn’t mean you’ll score well. I love a SR system that bases wins and losses on averages, rather than contribution. Makes so much sense. And I just got out of a match where we won and I received +3 SR.

1 Like

Time to educate you. Since you don’t know how things work. Bronze to Plat works on a performance based system. It evaluates your performance on a hero vs other players using that same hero at your current rank. If you lost 33 sr at bronze rank then you clearly under performed somewhere, it’s possible you thought you did well and didn’t. We all do that :slight_smile: . You talk about winning a game within 2mins. I think this actually might be impossible, so your match length wasn’t 2 minutes and probably realistically 5-6m then 12 kills no deaths 14 sr, nothing fancy there 12 kills is still low 14sr seems acceptable.
The even gains idea of sr for winning and losing wouldn’t help you and you would still currently be below where you started the season

1 Like

40ish kills in 5-6 minutes as Dva should still be pretty good… and you clearly don’t know how SR works. SR is based on your performance and the MMR of your team vs the MMR of the opposing team. So even if I did perform well, if I had, say a Smurf on my team, I would still be penalized because we lost with a more skilled team. Again it’s not the SR, but the hidden MMR that it’s based on. This is supposed to discourage people from playing with other people that aren’t close to their level. Knowledge is power.

I agree with you that the PBSR system in general can be a crock, heavily favouring off meta heroes vs. popular heroes.

However, your hero KDs are appalling. Try posting a vod and we can likely give you some coaching to climb to at least silver regardless of the SR system.

1 Like

To see a more complete and correct explanation of how the system works, see How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 11)

And yeah, your stats aren’t great, but you are <500 so no one should expect anything else. Looking at your profile, it looks like you could raise your rating at least some by avoiding heroes that you have poor win rates with. Your better heroes have win rates well above 50%.

Focus on getting better with a smaller group of heroes.

2 Likes

worst I’ve gotten for a loss was -51 SR and for a win the worst I’ve gotten was +1. I’m half tempted to sit down for an hour and two and hammer out a better system, but I know that nobody at Blizzard would pay any attention.

Well, system gets you broadly in the right place within a few hundred SR. e.g. I can win games at 2.5k but lose games at 1.5k, dependent on team mates. At below 1.5k I can likely play a dps and frag out (I hope), whilst at 2.5k I get very heavy as I’m not used to playing at higher ELO.

Suffice to say that if you’re at sub 500 SR you’ve got bigger issues than the PBSR.

But I do sympathise. I was on +20/-30 with Mercy in season 4. So couldn’t climb with 60% win rate.
I mained Torb, got +26 SR for hammering the turret all game, and only lost about 20SR for a shockingly bad display. Climbed 650 SR in about 10 hours…

But, part of that climb was getting lots of quad golds and having 4+ kd ratio. With your kd ratio being so bad, your MMR will stay in the gutter and you’ll keep on having trash gains and losses and possibly get worse team mates to keep you “where you belong”.

Dude just stop lying. 40 ish kills in 5-6 minutes as Dva. Looking at your profile the most this season in 1 game with Dva is 27. How many more false guesses at your own stats are you gonna claim you do?
Also the sr gaps between 2 teams in very similar now. They patched that a few months ago. So even if you have a smurf on your team and lose you won’t get penalized that hard. Find another excuse for why you are not climbing