Losing too much SR through placement matches

Hello Everyone, im having an issue on xbox one. I have an alternate account that just placed at 3400 last season. I just finished placements and I won 9 out 10 placement matches with 3 to 4 golds every single game and I placed at 2960. I shouldve placed in masters with these wins and stats. Can someone please explain? This is really frustrating as to I now have to climb it back up

What did you end your season at? If around 2700 to 3000, then it is very likely a fair result. Learn more in this guide:

Please note, this is technically not a technical issue involving how Overwatch works on your system, so I recommend posting any additional inquires about this in the Competitive Discussion forum.

I ended the season at 3400, so there should have no reason for me to place that low

Unfortunately there can be other variables including the frequency of your gameplay, your opponents, etc. Again the link I provided, may help you figure out possible causes.

I myself started with a surprising net loss despite a positive win rate after placements, but quickly recovered in the later matches. I recommend keep playing and see if your wins earns a lot of extra SR in the matches to come. If so, this means your MMR and SR is likely out of alignment for some reason and will balance out the more you play.