Losing the motivation

They most likely didnt, he is just delusional thinking everyone cares about him to the point of trolling his smurf games :slight_smile:

Diamond players playing like diamond players isnt throwing just because he said so.

2 Likes

Dayum!! You’re literally RIGHT in striking distance!! Don’t give up bro!! YOU CAN PUSH INTO DIAMOND!! If you can be Plat, you for sure can be Diamond…

Based on this information, I’m definitely gonna say keep up your rigorous aim training regimen!! You CAN do it!! I do think you should add the 8 Player FFA though.

So the one thing I learned (once I finally hit diamond) is, you HAVE to flex… I joined a scrim team, once I hit Diamond, as the hitscan player and I learned EVER SO MUCH.

When I went back to climb my 2 alt accounts to Diamond, from gold and low plat respectively, it was so much easier once I had a deeper hero pool with higher game sense and awareness.

In other words… Don’t wait until Diamond to start flexing. You’d be surprised how crucial your performance (mediocre or not) can be with the “right” hero choice.

Seems like you’ve got the right mindset then. You know QP has an MMR as well… If you start performing better in your QP games, you eventually get matched against higher elo players.

This account only gets matched against Diamond/Masters and GM players in QP. My queue times for "QUICK" play are not quick:roll_eyes: :unamused: :unamused: :roll_eyes:

I mean… My experience is that climbing through/out of Platinum is the WORST rank because everyone is toxic, everyone has an ego, and everyone thinks they’re better than everyone else.

Even KarQ, Arregh, and SVB said that Platinum is the worst rank in the game. When you’re able to get queue’d with Silver/Gold and Platinum players, you’re looking at the LARGEST skill variance in the game.

Diamond games were great to me. I loved being in Diamond. And the few games (40-60) that I played in Masters seemed to be more of the same as high Diamond… Great games but very difficult. People are VERY GOOD at Overwatch up here… (keep in mind the actual skill curve doesn’t become exponential until 4000).

I’m always willing to try and help!! I do like helping players succeed, knowing that Overwatch can be a VERY frustrating experience… :frowning:

Dude I’ve been in games where I literally had to kill 5 people myself (and the Mercy escaped) and I solo-capped point by dropping bob because the rest of my team was caught in grav and died and were coming back from spawn… :unamused: :unamused:

And those mofo’s still were flaming me as if I was the problem for not killing a pocketed Cree/Junk, as a non-pocketed Ashe and our Symm/Genji player literally did nothing all game.

I’ve been there dude… It sucks… #PlatChat amirite?! :joy: :joy:

In Valorant (from knowing how I tilt when the enemy is toxic) I just mute chat because its not going to lead to anything except frustration.

Hence why I don’t play anymore :slight_smile: and even when I did, all the more reason not to smurf. The games are a waste of time when you have to carry dead weight.

In Diamond and Masters, the tanks do A LOT of heavy lifting and you (as DPS) REALLY have to work to keep up, instead of it being the other way around…

Honestly, if the Toxicity really gets to you this much, its time to move on from Overwatch and competitive video gaming. It doesn’t get better in Valorant or CSGO (those are the only other competitive games I’ve tried) and I’ve heard nasty things about League of Legends.

Games are awesome and Overwatch is the best game I’ve ever played, but it’s not worth your mental health bro… If you can’t find joy in the game anymore, its time to find something else… For real…

3 Likes

3 or 4 seasons ago i would’ve agreed with you, but i have seen a decline especially in this season. For whatever reason this season I’ve seen more blatant hackers, toxics, throwers, smurfs etc. I don’t know why I wish it wasn’t this way but it’s just not for me anymore. I used to play another MMO that was great until it was taken over by toxic players and now that game is as good as dead and ruined and run by nothing but toxics. I am started to see the same trend in OW. The game just isn’t controlled fairly anymore and is overrun by the majority of the bad player base.

I was solidly in Diamond at this time… There were definitely quite a few hackers (this was probably season 24/25). Trust me… I’ve gotten my share of “GREEN” thank you for reporting cheating/hacking/disruptive behavior cards. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s gotten worse since I left…

Because you’re a better player now and you;re starting to realize when something isn’t quite right.

Platinum by far has the largest amount of players on alt accounts Diamond/Masters players warming up for their main accounts…

There are also a lot of genuinely skilled players in plat who would be higher rank if they cared about climbing. Or maybe they already climbed and just play their favorite hero for fun. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Platinum is the most toxic rank I ever experienced besides probably Silver… Everyone has an ego in these ranks for LITERALLY NO REASON… :roll_eyes:

There are throwers in every rank. People will throw in Diamond just because they don’t like your gamer tag. Its just not quite as common fortunately…

As do I…

Valorant as well…

A lot of the actual issues with the game can be attributed to the poor attitude of the player base. Which is why you see me shut people down when they start acting stupid here on the forums. Literally all of my negative experience in this game has come from the player base…

3 Likes

I enjoy watching these players who got “Top 500” in an Arcade mode with a population of like 520 players think that they somehow deserve GM in regular comp because that T500 player icon went right to their head

3 Likes

More VODs. Frequent leavers. Last one on kings row was hardest. LFG makes Platinum so much more bearable.

Platinum games are actually harder than diamond. STRANGE NO? Every game feels like a fight against the system.

I’m especially proud of this particular game which we won even with the leaver partway through. Evading Mei walls left right and centre: A7Y2XC

Also more evidence of documented handicapping when in a competent group:

Note how Havana and Kings Row were super difficult. These were games with the same group where we had already proven competency.

1 Like

This thread is full of people that think Diamond is some god-tier. I’m sitting at low plat on my tank role and at least 60% of my games are with Diamonds and I don’t feel out of place. I’ve played hundreds of games at Diamond level in various roles and it’s weird that people think there’s some disconnect between plat and Diamond. There’s really not. People make dumb mistakes at every level.

Low diamond is just people who are good at the game but don’t like tryharding enough for the higher ranks.

3 Likes

There’s a significant difference between 3100 and 3300+

Edit: my perspective of Diamond games being better is, by this point, the games are significantly more balanced.

Because the skill variance of players from 4 different ranks are present.

No

And this is why MMR is important because you’re getting matched with people closer to your actual level of performance rather than powning n00bz

When I crossed over to 3000, I think 1 out of 100 games would have a platinum player in it. The rest were either Diamond or low masters.

2 Likes

You are 6 stacking with LFG randoms, playing main tank and not using comms. There’s no way you believe what you say stop trolling lmao.

3 Likes

He won’t…. And he shield bots half his games and expects his DPS to carry him.

In the last VOD he posted, he had a Hanzo and a Cree player on BlizzWorld who had EXCELLENT target focus and kept the enemy rien so pressured it “should” have been freelo….

But he literally stands around like he’s on government payroll while his DPS did all the work :joy::joy:

He lost that game btw….

4 Likes

If you are going to criticise me at least tell the truth rather than make things up…

I’ve shared all of the VODs. All of the evidence for algorithmic handicapping evidence is there.

:face_with_monocle:

You lost the game on BlizzWorld where you had Hanzo and Cree putting in MORE than their share of work.

With as well as they were playing, you had no reason to play so passively….
Proof that not all Overwatch players are created equal I guess….

2 Likes

Which game are you referring to?

Reread the paragraph….

The truth…. Shall reveal itself….

2 Likes

If you want to test the matchmaker, then solo queue. Play 50 games that way, and then post VODs.

When you go to LFG and play 6-stacks you prevent the matchmaker from doing it’s job. 6-stack LFG is the absolutely worst possible way to try to get a fair match. If you get an opponent team that is also LFG 6-stack, then it is basically a coin flip on whether you have a chance. If it’s a pre-made with people who play together routinely, you will probably always lose.

All you’ve done is post evidence for why to NOT LFG 6-Stack.

4 Likes

Here is proof that calculus is lying: A7Y2XC

Reader, make up your own mind. Do you trust an individual who has been proven to make things up?

Nice try kid… I’m talking about the game you posted 2 days ago in your second set of VODs.

Its actually hilarious watching you grasp at straws… :joy:

Now that we’ve established that you’re deceitful, I have “00.00” issue admitting when I’m wrong…

ht tps://imgur.com/gallery/zenMXdQ

2 Likes

you should have clarified that then

:sweat_smile:

NOmegalul… Not my job to provide clarity when you keep a video log of YOUR gameplay…

2 Likes

And there are multiple games that I had in Blizzard world…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: