Losing SR is broken

Someone explain to me how I lost almost 150 SR after 2 loses? Not to mention the fact that I can’t leave a game as group sometimes.

1 Like

Ranks below diamond use performance based SR. So you get/lose 20-50 SR. If you leave a game before it ends or get disconnected you lose 50 SR. Ranks at or above Diamond gain/lose 30 SR.

I have found on average gains to be 20 SR whereas loses are usually 30 SR, especially if the MMR system thinks you should be lower. A win-streak or loss-streak will also cause the gains/losses to go up/down.

I find it best to track your games to see what is happening. And if you lose 2 in a row, stop playing and play another day.

Either you are bad at note taking, or bad at math, or there is a bug that I haven’t seen before.

New accounts such as yours gain and lose SR faster, but not that fast.

This hasn’t been true for a long time. See Streamer Data - Google Sheets → Dmum 11 and NerfLucio 13 for recent data.

What about below diamond? Performance based SR is still a thnk in Plat and below.

Performance SR exists in Plat and below, yes, but not win/loss streaks.

And performance SR is not large enough to explain what Terial is describing.

Ok so I just checked my profile and it says I played 13 games. So I guess this is irrelevant now… but there’s no way I would lose so much SR, even if I was placed higher than I should have been. Does it take your QP performance into account when putting you in your first placement matches? Because that’s the only way I could see me being placed wrong. On my other account, I think I was like lvl 50 when I started comp, so maybe the more QP matches, the more accurate? Also fix the leaving the game bug. I don’t want to lose 50 more SR after I try to leave after the leaves timer runs out and it won’t let me.

But still, the way people get placed is either too high and just ruins their mood when they lose half a rank, or get stuck in the wrong rank (I’m not talking about the bronze widow mains that say they should be diamond)

Plus, I don’t want to be gold because the icon is ugly. (This was a joke if you don’t know what jokes are)

A friend of mine was throwing. He got up to -86. Average -60 to -70.

Now in bronze he loses 20ish because even if he does nothing he’s not that far from average.

I never lost over 28 points since I don’t throw, but I gained up to +75 smurfing (I’ve seen my friend gain +90 and up but he is very good).

When winstreaks were a thing I got up to +100ish after a 12 streak.

Oh, just a fun note! This guy threw from 3.5 to 1.5 no issues.
I’m playing “”“off meta”"" (widow) in gold and yesterday got “u got avoided by too many people” and “you got reported for gameplay sabotage many times”.
Also got 1 week ban earlier because it seems climbing with 70%+ winrate is an offense.

Edit 2: I get more Sr on wins than I lose on defeat by a wide margin, but I can’t win most games since many teams see you pick widow and either tilt me (somehow I’m worse at clicking enemies when my team is trash talking me and trying to make everyone report me) or just don’t try. I can only win when im in the zone and killing everyone. Then my teams are happy to have me.

1 Like

Tell “your friend” to knock it off. I don’t think the OP was intentionally throwing, so those numbers shouldn’t apply here.

And I don’t feel particularly sorry for you getting avoided when you describe your toxic behavior on a fairly regular basis.

I’m not toxic!!!
I just play widow. I have no issues with ANY team comp (I actually won a game with 6 DPS the other day), so if anyone has issues not having 2/2/2 they can swap themselves.

That’s all my “toxicity”. I don’t insult people. I don’t blame them for their picks. I say nothing when they make mistakes.

When they flame me for screwing up I just say “if I didn’t I wouldn’t be in this rank”.

I compliment my teammates on their plays, even if they aren’t that good.

Also they can avoid me as much as they want I don’t care. And the times they actually flame me in orange when playing against me I just play genji or tracer and they shut up REAL fast.

1 Like

No. All accounts start around 2350, regardless of whether they deserve it. See Initial Competitive Skill Rating, Decrypted for details.

I seem to lose 20 and 23
Usually gain 23,25 or 27

I’ve had some ridiculous games in terms of stats so I couldn’t begin to fathom how I’ve never earned more than 30.

I’ve had a few times where I only gain 10 and even lose 10
That was around season 10-11.

Best way to truly enjoy ranked is not even care about point fluctuation

I mean what does it do for you really? Doesn’t put money in my bank account I’ll tell ya that.
Unless you’re a top 500 you never have a true understanding of your “placement”.

Overbuff can give you a fair idea of your character placement.
At one point I was ranked 735 out of 18,xxx Tracer players on PS4
But even then it doesn’t mean crap. I’d still die from random spam thrown around.

The game is spam heavy, too many variables go into winning a match, the game hinges on team work therefore the PBSR is inherently flawed in many ways.

I have numerous ways the competitive mode can improve that actually doesn’t pertain to gameplay.

1 Like

Thx for some actually reliable information.

1 Like

it’s 25 per win/loss

You’re in the wrong rank/sr. You’re currently ranked higher than you’re actual skill level and the system is putting you in your real rank (unless you’ve been at your sr or higher for several seasons).