Losing SR for losing connection to blizzard servers

It doesn’t really seem fair for someone to get a loss for a match that they were present for 99% , playing their role properly then to only lose 50 points and a ban for losing connection to blizzard servers. My internet was fine and didn’t lose connection discord, steam or origin. This was pretty bad in particular since I was doing a good job of keeping their supports down. Killed the Zen and Orisa right before I DC’ed

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

If you are finding yourself disconnecting frequently, I suggest troubleshooting the connection route to the game server. Since you specified other services are not cutting out, there is very likely a problem in the connection route between you and the game server. A WinMTR test can help troubleshoot this.

Battlefield has a good system of putting idiot lights on the right side of a screen to indicate packet loss, ping or performance issues. Maybe implementing this to help would diagnose connection problems. Though it is disappointing there is no way to retroactively fix the problem. Though that is the ranked experience in general.

Overwatch does have Connection Performance Indicators which by default are enabled (but can be disabled in the Gameplay Options).

Network Icons

You may see amber-colored icons pulse on the upper-left portion of your screen while playing Overwatch.

This icon pulses when your client hasn’t heard from the server for a period longer than your interpolation delay. If this icon is consistently pulsing, it may indicate a connection problem, and can cause erratic behavior in game.

This icon will pulse when packet loss is detected. This could indicate a connection problem and can result in erratic game behavior if it goes on for an extended period of time.

Note: The thresholds for these icons are currently turned down very low, and will pulse when there isn’t necessarily a problem. This threshold may change.

Learn more here: