Losing endorsement levels because I don't want to play 2 v 6

OK so I just got matched with a 4 stack on Anubis and after one attempt at trying to break the first chokepoint using a laughable Torb, Bastion, Rein, Orisa setup… they all rage quit leaving me and another random to fend for ourselves.

We both agreed that it’s pointless to waste time in a 100% unwinnable match and we waited an extra 45 secs for them to return before leaving and moving on.

The SR loss that the devs seem to insist is acceptable pisses me off enough, but I lose an entire Endorsement level because I refuse to waste my time emoting for 5 minutes in a spawn room? Why is this a thing? Why must every good addition to this game come saddled with some asinine negative? I can only assume it’s supposed to function this way but I really want this to be a bug. I’m probably late to the party but I can’t really be assed sifting through forums full of the exact same complaints of the last 2 years.

If it was 2 v 6 you’d only had to wait another 30 seconds before the game ended. Why leave and get the extra penalty? It’s not like Anubis is a payload map or anything. You couldn’t wait for the enemy team to walk from point A to point B?

I’m pretty sure they’ve said that it’s a bug.

This is from the PTR patch notes on July 18:

Same happened to me. But 4 of my team left just when round 1 ended. So me and the other guy would have to wait 5 minutes to be a defeat. Ain’t nobody got time for that

1 Like

You’re absolutely right. I never had anyone leaving on round 1 though, so completely forgot the fact that that might be what happened to OP.

We still had our own clock to run down and it’s just asinine to be forced to wait due to other players BS (they all quit after one team fight.). When I only have limited free time to squeeze a few matches in, why would I want to waste it on timers and pre match countdowns when the outcome is inevitable barring some sort of potato catastrophe by the other team. Waiting around might be fine for some but when time is limited every wasted minute counts.

1 Like