Losing 50 sr and getting 10min ban

We queue as 2-6 stack, this has happened now twice with 5-man stack.
We queue the game, 4 of us get a game, we enter and 1 guy on our stack is still on “searching” our game cancels, we get back to main menu. the 1 guy is in a different game with 1 random, and 4 empty slot. We all get 10 min comp ban and 50sr. It doesnt make sense to me that we all lose 50 sr when the game is cancelled at “waiting for more players”. Then we have to win atleast 3 games to get the SR back we lose cos the system is not working correctly. Thanks

2 Likes

similar has happened to me where all six of us were just left in the main menu. no one canceled anything it just booted us from Q. we all lost 50 SR and had temp bans

Same thing but with lucioball comp. I said give me a sec right when buddy qued, He insta cancelled as it found a match. It wouldn’t let us join the match but decided to ban each of us for 10 mins because of this glitch and we lost a ton of SR. beyond that it never gave me top 500 or showed my name on the list even when I had well above the SR required over 50 wins, SMS and endorsement lvl 5 so don’t know what the issue is there.

Same thing happened to me just now. I want my 2 wins back man.

Same story here… 4 times and 200 SR lost… pretty crappy experience

The same thing happened to me just now… Very frustrating. I was in a 6 stack and I got separated into a different game. Mine said “not enough players” but I could still hear my teammates on team chat. But on theirs, it said I left the game so it was cancelled. I got a 10 min ban and lost 50 SR. Please fix this, I would like my SR back :frowning:

I started the game
launched a competitive game
the download took a very long time
when the game was loaded onto the screen as part of a team, I got banned and lost 50 SR

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided.

Maybe read the original post or any of the replies in this thread before doing ctrl C + ctrl V that has nothing to do what so ever with what anyone said here.

1 Like