Los Angeles Valiant vs. Houston Outlaws - FINAL

sombra won this game
no doubt about it

They won a team fight when he died 1st on Numbani too.

you think sombra players dont know that? why do you constantly see zenayttas hide when they know the sombra has emp and you have trans?

Houston are probably going to lose against Atlanta so at least it’s good that they get to pull off a W before that happens

“I think we’re going into a sombra meta”
Isn’t that what everyone says anytime Sombra recieves a change?

I’m really glad that Houston has finally clicked. Of the teams I hyped up pre-season (Vancouver, Atlanta, Paris, Philly, San Fran, Houston), they were the only ones that started slowly.

1 Like

Hard to say with a performance against the Valiant, we’ll have to see what they can perform against the Reign.

L.A. ownership needs to have a powwow with the L.A. Valiant and have players honestly answer the following questions:

1. To Custa: Is he prepared to play this season, or should we let him go and resign him the following season once him and his family work out whatever troubles are keeping him away?
  2. To all the team: The L.A. Valiant have a big homestand on the last weekend of the OWL regular season and there is a serious cause for concern that fans may not show up…are you prepared to work hard, or do I need to release you and find someone whose willing to work hard?
  3. To the L.A. coach: What’s going on? How are we getting outplayed? Is something going on, and do I need to bring in additional help?

At this point it’s a toss up. Both teams have moments where they shine, and times where they look kinda ugly. Atlanta looks cleaner, and in this meta being cleaner is the best thing you can be (see: NYXL & Vancouver), so the Reign have an edge…

1 Like

Even if they lose to Atlanta, that’s a 3-4 record. With 2 of those losses coming when they were still running Linkzr outside of Control maps.

I don’t see much of a reason that it’d be even a close match, to be honest. I don’t know much about Outlaws but unless they can exploit Atlanta’s issues like Gladiators did I wouldn’t see a victory coming out of the Outlaws.

As Danteh said, everyone is beatable. Im not saying Houston has any advantage, this is Atlanta’s game to lose, but the gap is not super massive.

Agreed. This meta isn’t their friend either, so that also explains the slow start.

Any meta that enforces a clean play is not Houston’s meta. Mercy meta gave leeway and allowed for defensive play, and they were the second best team during that time. Dive and GOATS, not so much…

1 Like

Realistically the gap is quite large, no? Houston must be a much better team than I thought they were if there isn’t a significant gap :smile:

Unless its NYXL, Vac Titans, LAV, Washington Justice, or arguably the Florida Mayhem, the gap is not terribly large.

That’s GOATS for you.

Houston trolling Twitch plat chat and In-N-Out…and I’m ENJOYING it.