Season: 11-10 +4

Season: 24-2 +40

Final Score

-
-
-
-
Victory!

WATCH LIVE: OverwatchLeague.com (Tokens Enabled Here!)

Click here for 2020 Playoffs Rules and Details
Click here for North American Bracket
Click here for Asia Bracket

Click here for Discussion Thread Rules
  • This thread is intended for the discussion of this specific Overwatch League match.
  • Please be respectful to one another and follow the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Forum Posting Guidelines.
  • Incentivizing boycotts or invoking discussion that outright expresses hate or disinterest toward Overwatch or the Overwatch League directly in these match discussion threads of any kind will be considered trolling and flagged appropriately.
  • If you are Trust Level 3 user, you are welcome and encouraged to post your animated gifs and images in replies to support your team or be expressive, but please keep any such imagery appropriate.
  • I, WyomingMyst, am a Forum MVP. This means I spend a great deal of time helping players with Overwatch (which is why my text is green in color). This thread is not related to my role as a Forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the match!

Tokens now enabled on OverwatchLeague.com! Click here for important information and troubleshooting!

1 Like

Uhh, myst, youve put the wrong logos in the score table

Edit; got fixed. Thanks man!

Where the hell is my coffee?

:coffee:

Coming sir.

Order of coffee, coming right up.

Anyway, since I am sure we will get one person in this thread asking about Birdring, especially after his collapse last night on camera, the Gladiators have asked that folks read a Twitter thread, which they quote-tweeted in the linked tweet below (note: link must be copied and pasted into your browser because I don’t have appropriate trust level on these forums):

https://twitter.com/LAGladiators/status/1302319276422959104

Am I missing something with carpe?

That lucio v sombra chess match

Yeah, just as I thought, good teams aren’t running a whole lot of Hog. Hog seems to be the crutch of lower teams atm. Teams that solely rely on Hog will be quickly weeded out methinks.

I’m very curious to see the tank and support stats after the weekend is over

Cause yeah there’s been a lot of hog so far…but there’s been a TON of dva Winston zarya and even Hammond (I think dva is most played so far)

And supports wise I’m not sure who is gettin more play between Moira Ana lucio mercy and even zen

So far, there’s had to have been at least 18 heroes across all roles that have seen playtime in the playoffs…and with the exception of Orisa, all of them have had been successful at one point or another.

I may have to buy the crystal ball for this year’s playoff and rewatch them and see how successful different heroes have been across all playoff matches…cos as near as I can tell, over half the roster has already been used, which tells me that the argument that “90% of cast is subpar” is sketchy, at best.

I have a separate post about hero usage…only heroes not picked yet are bastion and echo…

Orisa as far as I can tell has only been used by Boston (fusions)…I believe it was with sigma but I forget how effective it was

Is it just me, or is the roadhog thing not working for ANY team so far? Like, it seems really niche and it’s just not winning games.

It worked pretty well for most of the teams that played Thursday and Friday. It was prevalent for both teams in all the NA matches I watched. Saw lots of D.Va/Hog combos. Hog/Zarya, too. Was frustrating watching my Fuel try to outplay Justice’s Hog/Zarya with D.Va, though. Note was getting wrecked.

Is rewards on? I tried it yesterday and it didn’t work.

1. Start Overwatch
  2. Click on Overwatch league
  3. redirected to utube
  4. clicked on log in near bottom
  5. Saw words “you are now logged in for rewards”
  6. Watched at least two matches
  7. No rewards awarded

Did I miss a step?

Use the app. I use an emulator (bluestacks) and then watch it from Youtube with audio, but I get the tokens from the app being emulated. The website sucks.

I have the Overwatch league app on my ipad. Didn’r work either. I read you cannot get rewards from watching OWL on utube. I read must go through Blizzard log in process. I chose to use in game path to watch. Didn’t work.

I didn’t have this problem earlier, everything was fine. They must have changed something.

Final Score

-
-
-
-
Victory!

WATCH LIVE: OverwatchLeague.com (Tokens Enabled Here!)

And the Gladiators move down to the Losers Bracket…while the Fusion advance to the Winners Bracket Semifinals.