Lore Discussion- Is Sombra Bisexual?

This was constructive and I like your feedback, though I don’t agree any hero should be homophobic!

Press F to pay respects

Now we know why the caged bird sings…

1 Like

Why not? Diversity is diversity… I forget to mention it, but it would also explain why she makes fun of Tracer so much… oh my god…

He is eating his seeds now, such a good berd.

Giving prejudice a platform in a beloved hero is only bad for diversity.

1 Like

There’s a line there and that would be crossing it. No hero should be racist, homophobic, or spread any other type of hatred towards one group. (Besides Zarya hating omnics, that’s a commentary on society)

Fair is fair; it’s your opinion. I like it more when games deal with controversial topics as it makes you think about subjects from a perspective wildly different from your own.

Hey! Double standards much? Zenyatta is a beloved hero, why is it okay to have another character continue to hate on him? :cry: Sombra being homophobic would also be a commentary on society…

But Zarya has prejudice against a beloved hero. #SaveZenFromAbuseAndAbuseTracerInsteadCuzSheIsAnnoyingAnyway
(:joy: sorry)

Zarya is prejudiced against a fictitious faction for eventual character growth.

1 Like

You’d think given that you just complained about being suspended for trolling you wouldn’t be so quick to do it again :woman_shrugging:

I personally could definitely see Sombra being bisexual, however due to the lifestyle that she has and how much of a risk going after personal endeavors can be when you’re on the run, she actively avoids it.

Also, she’s sort of a manipulative, back-stabbing, untrustworthy individual so…that’s definitely a thing.

Really and truly, each hero’s sexuality (aside from Tracer) is up for personal interpretation, so…go at it.

However, the second you begin policing people about it is when it becomes a problem.

That may be true…but I still don’t like her.

Then again, I’m the same guy who dislikes Lucío, so take that with a grain of salt.

Everybody is LGBT+ until proven straight.

thanks for coming to my ted talk

5 Likes

You mean like how heterosexuality is shown in most games?

2 Likes

Well, Michael Chu stated that there are more LGBT characters, so until they reveal more, people will speculate.

1 Like

Hm, two lines of thought, one about the constant requests for characters to be some kind of “-sexual,” and one regarding Sombra herself.

I’d love representation by the addition of a completely asexual organic character, maybe with a line in a comic about how (s)he is grossed out by the idea. We have Zenyatta, but as a robot he doesn’t quite count. But ultimately, it’s a video game I like to play, and the lack of such a character doesn’t bother me. I won’t say don’t request it if it’s important to you for a character to share your sexuality, but I can’t pretend to understand why it’s important.

As to Sombra herself, I tend to think of her as the kind who wouldn’t let her life be controlled or held back by a relationship. Her first love is her activism and hacking, so I imagine her as only wanting casual relationships that she can break off without blinking twice. I suppose in this sense that she could be bisexual, sure, but also that it would be a mistake to give her a boy-/girlfriend.

1 Like

Now we know the only Tracer’s sexual orientation. There is no information about others one, so please, stop this wet pink dreaming.

P.s. Strange that I still have not seen post that Rein is gay. Just imagine, big beefy man… Very strange…

That’s… gross, and inappropriate for the forums, but also false. We also know Ana is straight, Amélie/Widowmaker is or was straight, Torbjörn is straight and still happily married, and Rein is most likely straight because of his lots of flirting with Ana.

1 Like

I don’t think any developer will ever explicitly state that a character is straight.

I mean, people consider Widowmaker being bisexual despite being in a loving relationship with Gérard.

You good man?

I mean, it’s not like OP was demanding anything and nobody was being rude.

Chill out and let people speculate, things only become a problem when we start policing one another.

BS…
No one has any sex life until it somehow add somthing uesfull to the story…

Just because she wears the colors of the flag doesn’t make her one. That reasoning is dumb.

1 Like