Lore Discussion- Is Sombra Bisexual?

Let’s hope Chu confirms something soon!

There are no hints of her (or any other non-confirmed relationship hero) sexuality and dressing with the same colors of a flag is not really a reason for her to be like that.

If you think that character-wise she displayed something related to it then it would be a more solid discussion, otherwise this is just a “who do you want to be LGBTQ+” thread.

ohhh my GODDD. I wish posts like this can get off the forums already. Seriously.

I don’t.

Twenty twenty’s

2 Likes

Hey, OP, there is a megathread here for these kinds of posts, you’re welcome to post in there (and the regulars are friendly).

People tend to get ornery when there are more than one of these kinds of threads active at any one time, as you can probably see.

Good meme, dosent change my thoughts about this pointless post though.

The mercy threads are chill tho let’s keep making those

Right back atcha Michelle

1 Like

Eh, well the color purple wasn’t created by the LGBT community. They just adopted it as their flag. The color purple is often associated with royalty, nobility, luxury, power, and ambition. Those last 2 are the keywords.

Sombra is obsessed with power and is very ambitious. So, given the research that went into Moira (Just look up her name.), it wouldn’t be hard to believe that they used purple for Sombra’s colors to represent those as her defining traits.

So with that knowledge, it kind of changes how you would think about this topic… Now, this is about to get heavy, so trigger warning ahead…

Trigger warning...It would make MORE sense that Sombra is homophobic. She is obsessed with power, and she uses the information against people. She was ready to reveal that Katya volskya was getting her tech from the Omnics, and would have ruined her reputation gladly had she declined her offer of friendship. So, considering being gay or bi is such a controversial topic, it would make sense that she'd either hide it entirely so that nobody would ever be able to find out (Assuming she IS bi.) or she would avoid relationships entirely. It wouldn't make sense for her ever to date in the first place, because she wants to be invisible. Live by her own rules. A relationship would muddle everything up. Not to mention it ever being used against her, would destroy her confident nature.

Now, this doesn’t reflect my beliefs, as I don’t let political arguments cloud my judgment, and I judge every person on a case to case basis, but it’s just something to think about in this friendly discussion. And thanks for bringing this to my attention, because were it not for you, I would have never decided to look into this and it is very interesting.

See ya around!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Betcha people will still try to pass off their disdain in the name of “spam” though. Two threads. Whooo boy that’s some spam

Also, how does somebody liking there same gender concern the lore at all? Seems like more of a character trait if anything.

Except it doesn’t, because no overwatch hero is going to be a homophobe. Bit of a reach there bucko

2 Likes

Character traits are lore. More lore than whether or not Genji still has his dick or not. Like seriously.

4 Likes

My bird is going insane after I showed him this. He is banging his head on his cage.

This was constructive and I like your feedback, though I don’t agree any hero should be homophobic!

Press F to pay respects

Now we know why the caged bird sings…

1 Like

Why not? Diversity is diversity… I forget to mention it, but it would also explain why she makes fun of Tracer so much… oh my god…

He is eating his seeds now, such a good berd.

Giving prejudice a platform in a beloved hero is only bad for diversity.

1 Like

There’s a line there and that would be crossing it. No hero should be racist, homophobic, or spread any other type of hatred towards one group. (Besides Zarya hating omnics, that’s a commentary on society)