Looks like a slight nerf to Brig's shield bash (cone)

Not exactly the nerf people wanted, but maybe it’ll feel less “cheap” to be hit by it when visually it should’ve missed?

From the PTR Feedback forum, btw (can’t post a link to Geoff’s thread).

1 Like

It’s smaller than her shield now, that’s truly BS.

5 Likes

Doomfist knee jerk nerf. Your welcome folks now she wont be a problem since she never was going to be.

4 Likes

I’m just trying to wrap my mind around it being smaller than the shield, that’s ludicrous. It’s a shield bash on a small shield on a mellee range weapon. If you get physically hit with the shield, you should be stunned.

3 Likes

So… now we will have shield ghost? Bash ghost?

Brighosting.:skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

I think she’ll be fine balance-wise on the whole and I’m not really bothered too much by the change, but this part is patently false lol. Her hitbox is smaller than the shield now (aware this is Geoff’s comment and not yours)

1 Like

Ghostitte? (20 characters)

You yourself are doing a knee-jerk reaction too.

Overall it only means she has to be more accurate.

Wish it was the CD that got nerfed? Haha you brought it on yourselves for ignoring the power behind it.

1 Like

Oh, Brigitte got nerfed? Imagine my shock.

The squeaky wheel truly does get the oil, and flanker mains are the squeakiest wheels around.

3 Likes

So, what I find very interesting here, is that a while back Geoff/Jeff (don’t remember which) said that they didn’t keep Genji’s Deflect pixel-perfect because they felt it made it too inconsistent to use… but for both Deflect and Shield Bash, the hitbox is now smaller than pixel perfect. This more pertinently affects Shield Bash than Deflect since Genji doesn’t see his own Deflect in third person, but either way, I’m rather interested to know what prompted the change in logic here (assuming there was one)

1 Like

It’s almost as if the dev team have a double standard when it comes to balancing DPS/Flanker heroes vs. everyone else.

Almost.

She needed something to feel a little less cheap.

@@@@ level 3

1 Like

Thankfully this will stop the constant threads and cries of complaints for Brigitte to get nerfed more right?

Lol, who are we kidding XD

2 Likes

Ohhh I’m sure those won’t stop until she’s F tier. Then again, though, reworked Hanzo might grab enough attention to put a stop to it

2 Likes

Please can you do a video proof that is smaller than the shield i cannot play ptr and test it

h ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/well-you-asked-for-the-bash-radius-nerf/73173/5

Remove the space after the h. The OP of that thread included some clips

1 Like

Welcome to Doomfist’s world.

Also Genji’s deflect is now smaller than his animation.

Looks like all the crying about hitboxes means Blizzard have given people what they want. Careful what you wish for.

1 Like

Thank you now i can see they do the same mistake of doomfist

The times I was able to play with it (even though she has the worst bug on ptr) I didn’t feel much of a difference.