[LONG POST] Pharah is becoming underpowered & underrepresented hero in this game right now

Please, please don’t let me become a trash hero. I’m saving to have a family someday.

8 Likes

Retune Mercy into a primary healer target juggler she once was, instead of a second banana hard pocket DPS she is, and Pharah can be buffed for Mercy won’t get as much value pocketing the flying Egyptian, or anyone else for that matter.

Mercy fits so well in the off healer slot now, you can’t buff Pharah without turning that combo into a problem, and you can’t nerf Mercy because she’s, at the very best, average.

Could ground Pharah and completely remove the problem, but where is the fun in that right?

2 Likes

Flying characters really don’t work well in Overwatch, she’s always been difficult to balance and created problems because people hate switching off to fight her. If they put in Echo as another flying DPS then its going to be a real mess in the game going forward. I don’t want her removed, but she needs some kind of rework tbh, something like smaller rockets in exchange for a bit better flight maybe…

1 Like

Pharah is so useless even silver mccrees and soldiers can kill you instantly

7 Likes

You don’t have to go hitscan to kill her. Just get better at your current hero. I play Doom, and there are plenty of ways to kill phara as him.

Be creative. Play more. Learn. Don’t change because people say so, or because it’s more “op”. The player doesn’t really get better then does he/she?

1 Like

Good luck with this against Diamond up Pharahs.

Pharah needs a rework to be both skill intensive and fair to low ranks I feel. Anyone above gold can hitscan her down, while pharmacy destroys anyone below play. Rework is good.

Ok. What about the top doomfists out there? Ramping up phara kills like it’s chicken food.

Edit: I now understand. They must match against plat pharas. Stupid me.

2 Likes

i wouldn’t be opposed to removing her wings in favor of letting her rocket jump without taking damage :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Ashe , widow and sir76 are quite diveable
But new mcree and scumzo are aids atm
Also Baptiste that use immortality field for themselves for cheesy 1v1s are quite irritating

1 Like

Must be a bronze player lol

With Mercy ?
I’ll sheeep that

2 Likes

Back in 2017, Jeff Kaplan acknowledged that Pharah is pretty underrepresented in the lore, but he’s not worried about her because they have “huge plans” for her. Believe me, I love Pharah as much as you do and I want more lore for her ASAP and I’m tired of waiting too, but I think she’ll become a big part of Overwatch 2 and possibly get a cinematic/short story in the future so at least we have that to look forward to. I don’t think Jeff would have said that if they just planned to ignore her forever.

Don’t get me wrong though, thank you for bringing this to attention, there’s definitely no harm in raising a discussion!

5 Likes

Would definitely need faster rocket speed and larger clip size for this but it sounds fun not gonna lie

2 Likes

i was thinking about 12-20 rockets.
being able to headshot too but not for full crit damage, maybe like if a rocket does 120 normally it would do something like 180 on a headshot.

but essentially making her into a quake character who got some quake tricks to her.

but honestly why i’m saying this is probably because i allready play her like that and i wouldn’t mind if they went that direction.
and also i haven’t played dps in a long while so i’m not sure what it’s like to play her anymore.

1 Like

Yeah when I was still maining her Id either play like a suicidal ground junkrat, or a divebomber where I usually end up dying trying to escape back to cover if the elim was successful

1 Like

i would do the corner peeking thing for pressure
and the from above and below surprise attacks a lot.
that and playing her like reaper in narrow spaces.

it’s just easier to land 2 consecutive hits that way i feel like.

1 Like

Personally id be down for this:

• Increase Jet boost (shift) cd
  • BUT
  • increase her arial movement speed, as part of the boost ability, after using it, until she lands on a flat, standable surface.

Boom. Speed advantage in the air, but she’d only have sparse windows for it. Otherwise, fuel passive will still allow her to get somewhat high ground as intended. And, Pharmercy would be much less common high in the air.

Now, I have only been dabbl8ng in some Pharah tech only recently, so take that suggestion with a grain of salt. I do think a change like this would make her less cheese but more rewarding tbh.

hanzo is the #1 dps…not just vs pharah. he is this way to literally everyone.

…if a junk is hitting you then you are not where you should be.

becasue she CAN fly miles in sky?
i mena if she had something like widows and that was in sky you’d never land a hit on her.

and no matter what she wont be a decent pick w/o rework.

shes free kill for snipers.

if u buff her survivability then you are required to have hitscan/sniper just to deal with her.

her design doesnt work atm with how the game is.

and if pharah ever was good ppl would QQ becasue they can’t hit her (you see how the forums ppl can be)

More than that, you played the new PTR? She’s quite possibly the worst DPS in the game now. Baptiste, the current DPS meta and now DVA make her unplayable.

D.Va went from one of the better counters, to making Pharah completely redundant. It’s such an insane change.

2 Likes