London Spitfire vs. Shanghai Dragons - FINAL

All I saw was the Rein who was a recent respawn failing to make it back but he was not the active cart bearer.

Again, a true C9 is when there is no contesting from either team of the objective when the objective closes out. London was on the payload and recently eliminated opponents.

SHANGHAI DRAGONS! They just over this, and want to win.

This is a close match…

As Shanghai vs Spitfire…

APAC > NA

C9 is fight won, point lost. That is what it is. Anything else is not a C9.

All of those other early mornings of 3-0 APAC matches has finally resulted in this chaos…

After Map 4

-
-

WATCH LIVE: Overwatch League (Tokens Enabled Here!)

The token grubbers rejoice. But this is actually a good match.

It is a good match, though I will be happy to finally reach my bed after this last map. Usually doing both NA and APAC sessions is not a problem, but having 8 full matches in less than 24 hours and having to help troubleshoot token issues at the same time is proving to be a long day for me.

1 Like

Well to help, I got the tokens via the website. They should ad a live chat for OWL website.

And if you do oversleep for the first match this afternoon, I will try to take over for you until you do wake up.

finally an APAC morning that lasts until the sun rises lmao. Also finally Shanghai aren’t trying weird things anymore and are just sticking to what’s good.

EDIT: Also, Shanghai are recognizing how much of a danger Glister is and is focusing him down to gain the upper hand. That’s some darn good adaptation.

EDIT 2: Wow Shanghai absolutely wrecked them that last round.

‘hEy GuYs ItS a C9!’

Shanghai Dragons proving they can adapt and overcome… they changed strats in the end and hard focused Glister, and London fell apart.

Also looks like Pixie was right on the Empty tank analogy.

And Shanghai now have to mentally prep to beat NYXL again, but I feel like after seeing them struggled against Chengdu, they will dominate them harder this time.

Wow… these matches felt crazy weird. Still great games to watch.

Final Score

Victory!

WATCH LIVE: Overwatch League (Tokens Enabled Here!)

Shanghai, with that victory, pick up a $5,000 cash tip and a free win to be added to their record after the tournament. They advance to the semifinals and will face the NYXL tomorrow morning.

i dont understand why london didnt try to protect glister

Shanghai Dragons were forcing out certain cooldowns from London, and then once they were used, they hard focused Glister. Forcing out cooldowns without using your own first, is how you win fights… Ultimates are normally fight winning abilities, but cooldowns are far more important overall.

1 Like

Go get some sleep man! Good work today.

I am calling it a night everyone, if you have been following about token support updates and you still need assistance, please post in my 2020 Overwatch League Streaming & Rewards Guide - Info about Grand Finals problems here thread and I will try to follow up sometime around 2 PM Pacific Time. That is also when matches will resume as well. Please have a good morning, night… something…

One thing that was discussed a lot was no Lucio speedboost to follow through with picks, to speedboost in and make sure the fight was won once you got one pick. EMP not having any follow through is one of the most powerful ults in the game wasted.
Which is usually a moment where you can get boomed by your own misuse of the ultimate. If they had a Lucio to speedboost in after using EMP, they would have easily collapsed on the enemy team and demolished them. Which has been proven to usually be very effective.
But then you will not be able to use Echo probably, since you have no armor packs to save her from hitscans, because no way you would run Brig/Lucio unless they buff either one of them on their radius or healing output. But then why would you use both together if one was buffed? That is the flaw of Brig and Lucio… they were powerful together in Goats, but now they seem to be rather useless together, even with deathball comps like double shield and reaper/mei.

Anyways, good night all, sleep well.