Lol @ these changes

Additionally outside of GM his pickrate plummets. He’s not a good hero. He’s extremely bad. Again. People cant counter pick. He’s very easy to take out. But people arent willing to.

Ball never is an issue for me. He just rolls around and is useless. I dread having a ball on my team because i know nothing will ever get done. He is a tank made for dps players to grind passes

3 Likes

But I thought he was picked for fun? If gm picks for fun, other ranks surely must. And of course he is picked way less in lower ranks, dive isn’t a meta there and ball isn’t nearly as easy to run compared to like rein and Zarya.

Ball might feel bad in your games, cuz I’m assuming you are not playing in high ranks. So yes; I agree he isn’t that great for players there. But he is a very strong tank at the top end.

9 Likes

I think luck isnt enough, but unfortunately the silver cassidy mains like AKJ and DVS on these forums are gonna gloat

Patch notes just disappeared off the web site, just FYI.

I play 3600-3800 so…. Pretty high and ball isnt good

2 Likes

Ayyy Zany, how about that Cassidy buff though? :sunglasses:

Be wrong all you like.

3 Likes

I’m not wrong buddy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of all thing, Hammond is not a bad tank, he s stronger than most Tanks.

1 Like

storm arrow goes through 1 shield/object now lmao, have they even tried this stuff?

i would have been happy with these only.

the rein one tho… like why? especially in low to mid ranks with ana? this actually buffs ana too

2 Likes

It’s also funny that you believe he’s not garbage. Realistically, in most ranks besides gm, he’s practically a hit or miss tank. Most ball players can get hard countered with almost anything and can get no value

4 Likes

Many players not being able to get much value out of the hero has nothing to do with the actual power of the hero. He is a higher skill hero who excels at the top. And is doing great there. Saying he is garbage based on what the majority of the player base is capable of is silly. If we are going by that, then tracer is also garbage. Which we clearly know she isn’t.

2 Likes

It’s more that his skill ceiling is incredibly high, but only useful in that exceptionally high skill tier. Like the opposite of diminishing returns.

Similar to tracer actually so yes, he’s great in GM, but only because it requires GM levels of gameplay from all teammates to utilize his abilities.

Echo too to a lesser degree

2 Likes

Agreed. Many ball players outside of gm just feed but that certainly doesn’t mean the hero is garbage at all.

Ummmmm… Yes it does?

If ball is only good at the top 0.001% of play. Then he is not good.

2 Likes

As someone who loves playing ball, I believe grapple limit IS NEEDED but not right now. Not because Im against that nerf, but because the state of tank vs dps is absurdly skewed towards dps.

In a perfect state of balance Id limit grapple uptime, reduce mines charge rate and/or the ability to charge mines while theres mines already up, and revert the knockback nerf. Thats what I believe ball should be like, full disruptor but not full disruptor with infinite uptime and easy mines.

I say it as somone who loves ball too again I remind.

3 Likes

I think its a bad direction to go in.

I agree stalling on point is annoying, but this is not the way to address it.

Simply adding 1-2 secs onto grapple cooldown would have a similar and much more elegant approach. Increasing the downtime between grapples is the answer to the problem. Not just entirely removing a way of playing the hero.

Increasing the cd would still allow WB to stall but once he is knocked out of it, would be more punishing since he has to wait longer to grapple again. I believe its not the fact he can infinitely stall thats a problem its the fact he can do it so frequently.

If you counter him and knock him out of grapple, there should be a considerable amount of downtime before he can do it again. I would then also revert the spawnroom nerf they gave him, where he cant grapple put of spawn. Increasing the cd would mean he can grapple out of spawn but potentially not have it when back at the point

1 Like

The Moira fade change is awesome, but it’s just a shame nothing else was given along with it.

I’m pretty sure it’s gonna help a lot of Moira’s make some good plays

5 Likes

Well the issue with that mindset is that it ignores that during stall u dont need 2 grapples, only one. Even if it has 7 secs cooldown, once u get to the point u only need one to keep stalling, and it shouldnt force cc in a game that already has too much of it.

I believe ball suffers more from cc than grapple uptime, and giving away perm stall is far better deal when it means we can let go on some of the cc in the game.