Hey guys, looking for some help with a weird issue here that I haven’t had before.

I’ll log into overwatch without issue, then 5-20 seconds later I get the red bar with the plug saying the game disconnected. Takes me back to the log in screen after that. If I exit, then launch again, I’ll log in no issue, then disconnect the exact same way. I can also just input my info at the log in screen that it kicks me back to, and I can log in again just like that as well. I’ve tried opening loot boxes, which open, so the server is seeing me for a few seconds, but I disconnect before I see the result, and at one point I tried joining a game when I had enough time. I got kicked before I joined, but when I logged back in I was in game for about 5 seconds before getting kicked again.

So, log in, good for 5-20 seconds, disconnect.

So far I’ve tried:
Restarting all network equipment and computer
IP release/renew
DNS flush
Checked firewall, no changes/issues
Checked router settings/NAT settings, no changes

No abnormal activity with anything else on my computer, and I was playing without issue this morning, nothing on my end has changed since then. I have my computer connected with a hard line, so no wireless issues.

I’d appreciate any input and advice. Or if anyone else is having similar issues, I’d at least know it isn’t just me. Checking downdetector it looks like I’m pretty isolated with this issue.

Below is WinMTR logs. I couldn’t get into a game to get the exact IP to check, but I’m located in FL so I used the “US Central - 24.105.62.129” IP for WinMTR.

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                            gateway.home -    0 | 1847 | 1847 |    0 |    0 |   15 |    0 |
|                             47.200.96.1 -    0 | 1847 | 1847 |    1 |    4 |   61 |    1 |
|te1-2-0-3---0.lcr01.clwr.fl.frontiernet.net -    0 | 1848 | 1848 |    2 |    5 |   35 |    2 |
|   ae8---0.scr02.mias.fl.frontiernet.net -    0 | 1847 | 1847 |    8 |   10 |   31 |    9 |
|   ae1---0.cbr01.mias.fl.frontiernet.net -    0 | 1848 | 1848 |    9 |   11 |   52 |   16 |
|                             74.43.94.73 -    0 | 1848 | 1848 |    8 |   13 |  203 |   11 |
|              ae1-br01-eqmi2.as57976.net -    0 | 1848 | 1848 |   39 |   42 |  145 |   40 |
|       xe-0-0-0-1-br01-eqat2.as57976.net -    0 | 1848 | 1848 |   39 |   43 |  152 |   40 |
|         et-0-0-4-br02-eqch2.as57976.net -    0 | 1847 | 1847 |   41 |   47 |  170 |   42 |
|         et-0-0-1-pe02-eqch2.as57976.net -    0 | 1848 | 1848 |   39 |   42 |  147 |   91 |
|        chi-eqch2-ia-bons-02.as57976.net -    0 | 1848 | 1848 |   40 |   42 |   62 |   42 |
|                           24.105.62.129 -    0 | 1847 | 1847 |   41 |   43 |   63 |   43 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider ~~~~

Can you add a dxdiag here?

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message do not shorten it. Instead, post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply, not the entire link because you can’t post those.

While you wait for assistance, I suggest opening the Windows Reliability History tool, which will likely show you what’s happening in the background to cause any errors.

Thanks for trying to help Nicole! I had never heard of the Windows Reliability History tool but realized that was because I’m still gripping onto W7 for dear life. But anyways I actually managed to figure it out based off of another post in a thread that I saw, but it wasn’t marked as the solution so I’ll post everything here. Credit goes to @Falkentyne, and thanks to him for resurrecting an older thread even though it was against the rules. (Not sure if I can tag people on the forums since I don’t really use them)

So down to the issue: Original issue was disconnecting several seconds after entering overwatch for no apparent reason.

• Nothing changed on my end, so I ended up looking through my router logs, and my ISP pushed an overnight update.

• I didn’t think much of it, but then I looked at the post located here (Can't connect to server on Ethernet, on one computer - #11 by Falkentyne-11577) while I was trying to figure this out since my switch was playing overwatch fine.

• Falkentyne specified to a similar issue “This problem is caused by outdated Aquantia/Marvell drivers. Unfortunately the newest driver isn’t obvious to get. You probably have 21.18.0. The driver that fixes this bug is 21.21.0.

• I have a 10G ethernet PCI adapter, Asus branded, but with Aquantia drivers.

• The drivers were actually version 2, not 21, but they were close enough that everything suddenly made sense

• I did the one obvious thing that I didn’t already try, and switched my ethernet cable from my 10G card to my integrated mobo ethernet

• Overwatch worked without issue

• After realizing this, and kicking myself for missing such an obvious trouble shooting item, I found the drivers for the 10G card and updated them

• Issue solved

So basically, my ISP pushed a router update, and my PCI 10G Lan Card driver’s are known to be outdated/have issues with certain ISP equipment? Or connections? Not really sure the whole scope of it. But between the drivers and the router update it broke something. Motherboard ethernet worked fine, and after updating drivers my 10G lan worked fine.

Really weird issue, and really thankful for the forums. Hopefully this helps someone else. Please let me know if anyone has any questions or if I can help in any way! This was driving me crazy and I was so thankful to see that post.

2 Likes

Glad you fixed the problem.