Locking LEGENDARY skins behind paywalls is becoming a dangerous norm

I think people forget sometimes that Blizzard isn’t just about Overwatch :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

And that is a perfectly valid issue to have, you should be able to gift parts that you don’t want, but I despise people acting as if it isn’t worth $50 just because they personally don’t use everything.

8 Likes

True.

My gripe is shared household but still only one person gets it.

My bro and I watch it and he bought the ticket.

No real reason for me to buy one except for the skins and as much as I adore Illidan it’s not worth it.

3 Likes

My thoughts on the matter for a solo user are, it is what it is and people should get over it

Your gripe though is definitely worth bringing up

2 Likes

Yeah that was my issue last year and people rabbling when the fine print came into play.

About how they got cheated out of their $50 Demon Hunter Sombra.

It was a ticket to Blizzcon. Not just the skin.

I mean it’s better than actual pay to win stuff. All of the micro transactions in this game are only skins. Even though this game is pretty awful currently, it’s nice that skins have only been the real money stuff. They give you no advantage in a game.

3 Likes

If it was pay to win stuff, then all complaints about bad buisness practice are automatically valid

well, tbf, it was also the very first year that not everything was exclusive except minor things like mystery boxes for Starcraft. There was no reason people should have expected it to not be exclusive since every other event has always been entirely exclusive. While they paid for the ticket and not the skin itself, they were still screwed, too.

1 Like

Though I already bought the ticket (felt obligated to, since I have literally everything you can get for Sym already)

I’m kinda sad that they’re using skins that could be used in an update similar to blizzard world, instead of an epic black and blue blizzcon skin.

I play for the Horde, so I won’t be missing these skins.

4 Likes

I do kinda miss them doing that too, to be honest

That Blizzcon Winston skin is pretty sick, would’ve been sweet to see one for like Zenyatta or Sigma

I’d argue the only special event that gets a pass if the Pink Mercy since it was for a good cause

The rest have been from either OWL, or this Blizzcon, except that with THESE Blizzcon legendary skins, you can’t get them through any other means unless you pay 50$.

That is totally not okay.

10 Likes

Nah I get you OP.
I’d be okay with this if the skins weren’t tied to the Blizzcon passes or only tied to the pass for a limited time before becoming available for purchase/grinding w/e with no pass integration.

But that seems to be the catch, buy them now for $50, get one ~$10 skin I could care less about (how many Sym/Genji mains also main the other really?) and instant $30 burned as they’re all I would want the pass for. That’s the scummy part.

Selling high quality skins I don’t have issue with, using skins to inflate ticket sales by making hq skins exclusive to the ticket is gross imo.

If they were going to be available later at a price, fine. Since that doesn’t seem to be the case or intention nty.

12 Likes

I still don’t see why

1 Like

This game already costs $60, having to pay more for any content that is unobtainable ingame is outrageous.

9 Likes

How many players have the time and money to stay invested in every single Blizzard Game? How many players actively play and are interested in WoW, Hearthstone, HotS, Starcraft, Diablo, and Overwatch?

Furthermore, without any of the “bonuses” that go with the ticket, the ticket is worthless. Everything a virtual pass holder can experience is going to be shared with the rest of the world by the end of the day, if not sooner. Within an hour of any announcement from Blizzcon, Youtubers, Streamers, and Kotaku are going to release videos and articles analyzing every little thing about it.

9 Likes

It really isn’t that hard, I still play 3 of those pretty regularly and not too long ago played all of them except SC perfectly fine. It’s fine if you personally don’t hold that value for the product but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth that price.

1 Like

This made me laugh.

These people crying about paying for things

the entitlement is astonishing.

Alllllll these free skins we get and they gonna cry about two ugly af wow skins given as a bonus for main ticket

We just got a free skin and a pretty good one too… geeze geofrey

5 Likes

Exactly my point. If they were real Blizzard fans they’d spend the money and enjoy all of the goodies in the bag.

1 Like

Yeah. People’s reactions to a annual thing for blizzcon along with gaming marketing is hilarious.

I blame people like jim sterling for fear-mongering AAA corporations as nothing less than souless wallet sucking monsters. Don’t get me wrong, there are bad games out there like fallout76 and NBA2k, but these reactions to normal events and marketing is borderline red scare levels.