Locked at 60 fps

ever since last night my game fps has been locked to 60 fps and that’s weird because up to that point i was getting consistent 240+ fps but it doesn’t stop there what’s even weirder is that while I’m in character selection screen i get 240 fps no problem but as soon as i select a character and move around it locks back to 60 fps i tried everything to fix it but nothing worked

2 Likes

I’ve been having the exact same problem. Other games working fine but OW won’t move past 64 fps. However, on the hero selection screen it gives me normal 244 FPS.

Does the framerate go back up to 240 while you are dead in a game then drop to 60 again when you respawn? Because we must all be in the same boat

2 Likes

been happening ever since last night out of no where.

yes it comes back to 244 fps when i die too

A friend of mine had a similar problem.
The ultimate fix was to disable G-SYNC.

i also have 3070 and ryzen5 5600 if that makes any deferens

Hey guys, I have have been reviewing reports in the #technical-support forum. If any of you use Razer peripherals, you may need to disable the Overwatch.exe Chroma plugin (Open Synapse and click the connect tab to find the toggle for this plugin).

2 Likes

thanks that fixed it

this worked thank you.

same here, fps doesn’t go over 64 after selecting hero.

Same problem here, locks at 64 fps.
I also have over 200ms latency…

Edit : It is indeed a Razer chroma problem, hopefully it will be in the next fix…

i uninstalled msi light and that fixed mine no problem, it might be a problem when you have razer synapse controlling rgb on your graphics card

This seems to be a bug on he Overwatch client side. The latest update to Synapse attempted to fix the problem, but it is still happening. It is also happening only in the Overwatch client. It appeared with the last patch to Overwatch. Any idea if an internal fix is being worked on?

Each Chroma API is an individual piece of software that works between Synapse and the game it is for. This is not the first time this has happened and they even had to disable the API entirely about a year ago to fix a similar issue.

thank you so much, honestly stopped playing the game because of the 60fps and was struggling to find fixes

I was experiencing this issue, and noticed that my Razer laptop did not have a problem with Chroma effects enabled, but that my desktop using Razer peripherals and their aRGB hub did.

Turns out the problem seems to come from my use of a piece of software called Chroma Control to sync the RGB on my ASUS mobo and G.SKILL RAM with Synapse.

As soon as flipped off the “ASUS Enabled” toggle in the Chroma Control app, I could load into the practice range with Chroma effects enabled on my desktop and not get capped at 60-ish FPS.

I’m not sure if anyone else is using this software or not, but I thought I’d put it out there.