@ literally everyone calling today's ptr a mercy buff

the 60HP/s on valkyrie will not fix the problems we have.
the ult is still a: ‘grab your pistol and get that widow back to her spawnroom’ ult.

once again the devs have no idea what they want with mercy.
they still ignore her problems.

the ult is not fun in the way it’s supposed to be used.

1 Like

The forum moderator note is a clear reminder of the kind of community Aria’s put together, debate through condescending language and insults at the developers. This is definitely not the person I was expecting Mercy players to flock to.

5 Likes

Gotta respect how involved she is in the game though. Is there any other girl like her?
LOL.

they aren’t the only one doing this, I had an ice cream movement saying the most condescending things ever, and a person in the movement called it a meme.

Aria says this isn’t a buff because “she had 60 hps before” but she sure called it a nerf even thought they had 50 hps before

Did Mercy gain things from the changes pushed to PTR?

Yes, she did.

Did she lose anything with the changes made on the PTR?

No, she didn’t.

If she gained, and did not lose, it is a buff. Cold hard facts do not lie.

Are the buffs the buffs the Mercy mains asked for? Probably not, but it’s a step in a better direction than previously. At least they’re listening to a certain degree, and trying new things out. It could have been worse, Mercy could have gone another patch with absolutely no changes.

thankfully for us all no, there isn’t.

2 Likes

yes it is a buff even if they nerfed her before. it’s still a buff since they increased her stats.
60hps is still too much for the work needed for her base healing and makes sense for ult.
mercy is a precarious hero where any change or buff can greatly impact metas and just certain comps in general.

if ana got the speed boost back it would still be a buff even if they removed/nerfed it before

Which is sad because it’s just a let’s-kill-the-messenger complex on full display.

Also I just watched your video about the partial Mercy revert. You were right, it’s not a buff. It’d be like if a thief stole $10 from you, then came back and gave you two bucks and said, “See, I’m giving you money!” Uh, no, thief, you still owe me eight bucks.

A buff is a buff. The fact that people are arguing about this is actually insane to me.

5 Likes

Just wait till I start making my “please stop feeding as D.Va it’s actually embarrassing” YouTube videos :^)

By this logic, when lucio got his range increased from 10 to 20 it wasnt a buff, because it used to be 30…this is so stupid, you cant call something a nerf based on how things used to be. Just not how it works.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but I don’t like watching Ariarose’s videos.

So without watching this video do I have to agree that the changes don’t feel like buffs. It feels more like a partially revert. (But they are still buffs to the current version of Mercy of course).

The healing nerf caused Mercy to get her ultimate slower and the 15% cost reduction should make it more on par with how it was before the healing nerf. Not to mention that she can heal 60 HPS in her ultimate again just like before the nerf.

I really think the PTR buffs aren’t that bad to be honest. Her average healing is already on par with other main healers and Mercy healing only at 50hps is what I consider a fair tradeoff for the benefits her healing beam has (autoaim, ignore shields, consistent healing and no ammo or resource bar).

Of course does it not fix the problem of Mercy being boring to play, but it might bring her back to 50% winrate again.

I love when people make a post and post someone elses youtube video that no one can relate to.

3 Likes

I mean like, why are Mercy mains never happy with anything they do to her

• a mercy main since 100 years.

Probably because a huge concern; fun, is almost never addressed with these changes. :pensive:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
1 Like

I get it, but fun is subjective. I have fun with current Mercy, and I know lots do too.

They cannot make her more “fun” because everyone has different meanings to that concept.

The devs are hypocrites, they say they cannot nerf a hero considering the fun factor but they have done it in the past.

Incoherency much

1 Like

Objective fun exists and they’ve made multiple changes in the past solely based on the fun of players. :man_shrugging: Mercy’s mass Res and Hanzo’s Scatter are a few examples.

1 Like

fixed the thing lmaooo

Tbh, I don’t know if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me. :joy: Also, they’ve never said that they won’t nerf a hero considering the fun factor. Most of the time, they’re just silent on the matter. :frowning:

1 Like

Hey, it was fun for me to run around as 2.0 Symmetra making people die with my spaghetti death noodle. Didn’t stop them from taking that away, so /shrug.