Limited skins should be available yearly for sale, as well as

I really hope they do more limited time skins
They are just worlds better than the usually skins the game gets added. :sweat_smile:

Especially if the limited time skin has some special effects or sounds tied to the skin.

Personal opinion:

They where always worth the money (well as lobg as they stay limited time) otherwise i wouldnā€™t had to buy one of them during a bad financial phase of myself.
Still i managed to spend the money and get my rewards.

I canā€™t believe how many people are asking for limited things to be brought back on the account that itā€™s not really limited (as itā€™s a virtual item)

Blizzard knows they could bring it back. But then what is the point of having it limited? Like ever? Do you know how many limited items there are in other games?

I play Smite and I cannot count the amount of skins that I will never get in my lifetime because I didnā€™t buy it in time then, and I understand and couldnā€™t care less.

Like you said, itā€™s a virtual item. You donā€™t need it and thereā€™s no point in ever selling it as limited if they intend on bringing it back. Thatā€™s called false advertising and itā€™s not good for them at all.

2 Likes

Yup, bringing them back would be illegal imho. :sweat_smile:

It was known that it was going to become available before jumping through hoops.

1 Like

For both Genji and DVa. ^^^

And the skins would still be limited, limited to be purchased at a certain time, and not available from loot boxes, That itself is limited.

Im fine with that, IF its written next to the skin.
Like: only obtainable during the all star event, Halloween event, etc.

At the very first reveal/release

That would be great, if they actually followed that text.
Like with the Sombra skin, The text said it would be available in loot boxes in 2019ā€¦ Still hasnt happened, and people think its not going to.

No, it said it would be available in 2019. Didnā€™t say anything about loot boxes, and there are still 6 months left

2 Likes

ā€œStill hasnt happened, and people think its not going to.ā€

1 Like

Can you please quote me that text?
Because from what I remember it said:
*The in-game items for Overwatch, StarCraft II, and StarCraft: Remastered will also be available separately in 2019ā€”further details will be announced at a later date.*
https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/22484225

It says that it will be available but it doesnā€™t say how.
Certainly nothing about loot boxes.
Did you see something I did not?
If so, can you please link it?

1 Like

Cool.
Quoting the last part of what you said doesnā€™t negate what you said earlier.

I guess what I donā€™t understand is that if I come to a game late, I will expect that there will be things Iā€™ve missed out on. I canā€™t think of a single game of this type where they donā€™t have event/time limited exclusives. Some come back, some donā€™t, and thatā€™s just part and parcel for these kinds of games.

5 Likes

Was specifically responding to

Iā€™d rather see every hero have an allstar skin available every year (only in allstars though), itā€™d be far better in the long run for Blizzard, since there would be more people buying skins, and those who want to get the skin that they potentially missed would still be able to.

Iā€™d also like to see the pink mercy event happen again this year, since itā€™s a charity thing.

I actually DONā€™T understand why the All-Stars skins didnā€™t become available again when All-Stars rolled back around (not that I really wanted Genji or Tracerā€™s, I donā€™t play either of them and frankly I found Tracerā€™s to be HIDEOUS, but Iā€™m speaking from a logical perspective). The Blizzcon ones, sure, the Starcraft anniversary ones, sure, Breast Cancer Mercy, disappointing since charity and all, but again, sure.

But All-Stars, supposedly, takes place every year, why not let the skins be available when the event rolls around? Especially since you need OWL Tokens to buy them. Just doesnā€™t make a lot of sense to me. I mean you can buy regular OWL skins any time, after all. You can buy literally everything time-limited during Anniversary (Iā€™m saving up for Swamp Monster Doomfist since I missed it last Halloween).

Itā€™s just because the skins have the year in their name. Next time 2018 rolls around the 2018 skins will come back. Besides, the All Star events have proceeds donated to charity too.

Gee they didnā€™t even give you 20 free loot boxes for your loss, o r 20 blizzard dollars,yeah thats the real issue here.

Lol, theyā€™re not going to respond.
Theyā€™re trying to shift attention to something else, to make you forget they said that.

ā€¦wut.
I donā€™t understand.
Are you saying itā€™s never going to happen?