Lil question 4 you

are you decayed or? ?

No I’m not. Actually 3700 was my highest rank ever…

Depending on the region and platform, 3700 could very well be top 500. So without more info, I have to ask, why not??

Wouldn’t he have top 500 rank if he were indeed top 500?

Could be, his profile is private so can’t say if he is or not. But be could also be 501 and still match up with them. There are just so many variables that go into the matchmaker, without more info, no one can really answer that question.

1 Like

Just not enough people at the higher ranks. It sucks, but it’s the alternative to hour long queues.

if it was QP, it is normal since the matchmaking is not existent.
If it is comp that means ded gaem.

1 Like

Lil question for you as well. why did the number 143 (widow main) on console get place in quickplay against me, a low plat(not anymore, I got diamond!) 4 seasons back. its not fun going against a M&K.

Higher elos have a smaller player pool and depending on where you live, time even how long you’re in a queue it affects matchmaking

It was comp in the evening EUROPE(peak time). I just think EU has a very small playerbase and due to that the matchmaker fails quite miserably with ranks higher than ~3500.

Not really. It may actually have more than NA.

No way that’st true.

NA is mostly MAC and consoles. Think about that.

Sometime some good Master players are matchs with bad T500.
It’s a hiden MMR thing who depend on win rate most of the time.

This is why at a certain point of win streak you get matched with smurfs.

Also bad matchmaking with long queue time sometimes.

There are only 500 people in the top 500, and they’re not all in queue at the same time, so the matchmaker has to go outside of that, especially if it needs to balance for groups. If there’s a T500 duo or trio, you’ll often even see Diamond players mixed in to try to compensate.

Queue times are too long, so they put 1 T500 player with a bunch of Masters players and expect them to carry the Masters against a team of low GMs.

Happens to Fareeha on her stream a lot and it sucks for the T500 person.

It’s an horrible thing Devs should be ashamed of, because the T500 Trio need to carry 3 useless diamonds against a medium skill of Master and low Gm.

It’s not matchmaking, it’s handicapping MMR.
Everyone should have the same skills/mmr in ranked.

Also, this first post is a good one : Algorithmic Handicapping (MMR) is Wrong for Overwatch

1 Like

to give a glimpse to those 3700 how they should play
i love when i am thrown in to a game with masters or diamonds

Because at that level there are so few people the game has to put someone.

i think they’ve answered this many times… it’s just that the matchmaker tries to find you a game but there isn’t one for you so it raises the sr ceiling and lowers the floor as you’re spending time in the queue otherwise it might not find you a game at all
when i used to play comp i was at 3200 or something and it matched me up against gm players i was like what the hell??? luckily that wasn’t a very hard game for us…