Life steal removal

is reapers life steal able to be removed through the workshop? i cant find it in his manual.

Not directly you need to do a clunky way to remove his life stealing.

Edit: Maybe its not that hard this code includes a simple Rule that may looks promissing, check it out if its work as desired or not code: PAHRR

3 Likes

Can’t you just set his healing dealt to 0…?

2 Likes

I don’t think that would be an easier option, i had that in mind as well, the problem is using the setter methods to manipulate healing done or recieved etc, have some odds at certain events they need to cancel each other out to provide functionality so that in case of Reaper really only Life Steal is removed when he attacks someone but not other healing sources he should still recieve the other sources simultaneously while he combats. My approximate solution is just pure simple math and applies no healing nor damage, and works with the Life Steal since the steal happens after damage taken and Event Damage is known.

Edit: Seems like Life Steal as a Passive works not as i expected i thought Life Steal as a passive is the healer itself but it isn’t it works like some healing abilities which are more active making the using hero the healer who deals healing, instead of just recieving it, very interesting. Thanks @Shattered for pointing that out, i looked over it from another perspective, since Reaper has no other abilities letting him acting like a healer there is also no interference with other stuff mentioned above, Set Healing Dealt to 0 is the solution.

3 Likes

you can but this will make him unhealable, meaning he will receive 0 healing from supports or health packs if he takes damage.

1 Like

Healing from other heroes and health packs is controlled by healing received. Healing from a hero’s own abilities is controlled by healing dealt. They’re separate attributes. I hope that helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

oh then that makes sense, thank you

1 Like

Healing dealt, not received. Reaper heals himself when dealing damage.

OP, using “Set Healing Dealt” would be best, but another option, you could also start a healing modifier with the reaper being the healer and healee and set the percent to 0.