Licensed skins are coming to OW2 according to Jon

I’d honestly love a Ben 10/Upgrade themed skin for Echo.

1 Like

I’m down for a donkey Kong Winston or master chief76 skin.

5 Likes

Not really.

We had Lego Bastion. No one said “Oh no, the lore is ruined”.

People can distinguish between lore and real life.

No one thinks of himself as a real hero when playing Soldier:76. And even if they do, a Skin would change nothing.

Lucio has a beast skin. Does that make him a furry? Because there are no furries living in Rio de Janeiro.

10 Likes

Disagree.

Master Chief Winston and Donkey Kong 76

I dont think skins are part of lore

4 Likes

Clearly Tracers skin showing her and her lover kissing on her tights is canon. 100%
/s

1 Like

I will pretend not to see that mess up XD

1 Like

This will be very popular, but I’m strongly against it. I hate that everything in the world has to eventually turn into the same unoriginal IP mush with Marvel and Disney and Star Wars and everything else.

Let things exist on their own.

9 Likes

Any reason I shouldn’t be?

5 Likes

I don’t really see how licensed skins are any different than Blizzard crossover skins other than that licensed ones will probably cost more money.

As long as they keep the overall games art style remains consistent I don’t see how it can get much crazier than Sentai Genji, Nova Widowmaker, or Butcher Roadhog.

1 Like

Its really just another not-so-thinly veiled jab at Blizzard/OW. The lore is about the story not the skins. And whos to say that reaper didnt dress up as Darth vader on Halloween? We can maintain suspension of disbelief that a hamster can control a mech, but damn if he gets a cool licensed skin its all over and gameplay is ruined.

These are Blizzards creations. They exist within the Blizzard universe. Adding Disney and DBZ characters turns the game into a digital billboard for other companies.

2 Likes

That would be nice.
I want a Cassidy Chuck Norris skin a Curious George Skin for Winston to scale. A macross jet robot skins for echo. I think Jet Li would make a good genji skin. Goku is obvious(moria)

1 Like

cant wait for 100% of the male anime character skins to be for genji

Geeeennnjiiiii Eeeeeemblem

first time I ever spent money on a f2p game was for the Evangelion skin Revenant just got in Apex. IDK about full-on licensed skins, but I’m all for obvious references.

Welcome to the era of Content Soup and IP Gumbo

3 Likes

Pair that with the Man in the Yellow Hat Cassidy

Also, slightly overblown.
He said they’re interested in doing brand crossovers, not that they’ve already established any.

1 Like

And this is bad because?

1 Like

As long as they don’t do the flavor of the month thing that Fortnite does, it should be fine. An occasional crossover skin is fine; having new ones every month will be a bit much and dilutes the uniqueness of a crossover skin.