LGBT+ Profile Icon needed

Hmmm it does, in the form of conversations, maps, Archives events, etc

1 Like

Honestly its tragic, she would look so much better with it.

Desired? Sure.

Needed? No.

1 Like

It’s hilarious how diluted that term is. Now, I’m not homophobic. I never said that there was something bad with an LGBT+ icon. Read again, because I was talking about the ncessity of one. No one ever said that that crowdraise was a necessity that the game had, the game specifically had no reason to support that particular movement at that particular time. It was something to come out of well meant will to change. But it was not necesarry. That is a very strong word that should be used carefully, as it’s not something that the game needs.

This would be so cool! I don’t understand why the didn’t make the icons available already, being an inclusive game as it is.

Even Paladins has not only an icon, but the chance to duplicate XP and gold for pride month.

I mean, I don’t see an issue having a pride event in Overwatch.

1 Like

A broken feature of the character, which greatly affects his gameplay and power for the worse - 6 messages.

typical regular idea on how to stand out from the others - 100+ answers

There are doubts that people came to play OverWatch, and not to attract attention.

Right on! I’m proudly LGBT but get so tired of the forced pandering I see online :grimacing:

2 Likes

Lmao first world problems

Im with you on this, give em a rainbow icon already Blizz. Its a very small request

(Ive begged for icons before too so thats why I sympathise, specifically for one of the GOAT Brig skin as an icon)

4 Likes

I really don’t see why not.

3 Likes

I don’t think Blizzard gets to make an LGBT+ icon – it’s the community fandom that does it. Once certain heroes becomes iconic symbols of the LGBT+ community of Overwatch, then Blizzard might go in and make a hero gay or lesbian in the lore (which, btw, is the reason why I think making S76 gay feels weird – it feels unearned in the story revealing he’s gay, and unsupported by the LGBT+ community at the time).

Looking at the Overwatch hero preference of some LGBT players in the game, it’s probably Symmetra and Mercy. And if some artistic members of the LGBT community would make fan art and fan fiction that would promote them being lesbian, and if it’s accepted by the greater community into iconic/meme status, then maybe Blizzard would add them to its growing LGBT+ roster.

Uh oh, don’t you know you can’t post anything LGBT+ related on the OW forums? Look now, you’ve upset the straight people

2 Likes

Maybe for Tracer and soldier?
+Talking about “no reasons” while they made two sprays for Ramadan :man_facepalming:t2:

Oh look people we have a straight victim, what a poor thing must be very hard for you to live with your straight sexuality in a world that doesn’t expect you and people who could harm you and be justified just by how they feel about your sexuality, I support you.

+The rainbow is for diversity it’s for all sexualities.

5 Likes

I think this is a reasonable ask and I’m straight af.

1 Like

What’s with this need to be represented everywhere?

1 Like

Like, these icons are literally pngs. I’ll whip one up for free if they need the extra labor. It takes no effort. Just a bunch of snowflake conservatives stopping it.

4 Likes

Why no straight icon?

Homophobia

Why exactly? Have straight people gone through years, decades, centuries of hatred and discrimination because of who they are? Sit down. :nail_care:

5 Likes

Just a reminder. Overdoing things has negative effects. Regardless of how good the intention is.

You can be whatever you are in real life and be proud of it. This is a gaming community. Keep it away from here. I don’t bring my country flag or brag about my religion everywhere i go. You also don’t need an LGBT flag everywhere you go. Unless you intentionally want to make people be annoyed by you.

Friendly reminder that there is 0 cosmetic representation of LGBTQ+ in the game. This isn’t “overding,” we’re just starting.

3 Likes