LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

You know that means straight, right? Also, why would you come into an LGBT thread just to make an oh so creative helicopter “joke” when people talk about characters being LGBT? Looks like you’re trying to offend yourself

2 Likes

check the title of the thread

2 Likes

I don’t think they realize “heterosexual” means “straight”

hehe helicopter so funny joke no ones ever made this joke before xd

5 Likes

Anyway Brigitte is a trans lesbian/bi girl, this is canon

1 Like

Hell YES

20 characters

Till not officially confirmed by workers or media, I am aganist all people who says things like you. It’s still unknown mystery as almost about every other hero.

You mean straight you say? That’s part of wierd English. I use science names.

Me when i call someone a twink

4 Likes

Actually I’m a scientist and my scientific analysis is that Brigitte is a trans lesbian.

1 Like

I don’t want to be the lore police but I can’t help myself :

They tell me that you have not yet gone into labor, so I am holding out hope that I will be able to be by your side back home in Gothenburg when the time comes. Just wait a little longer for me!
[…] Half in jest, I suggested that if it would shut him up, I would allow him to name our daughter, as he has been badgering me about it these past months. He, of course, took me at my word. Truth be told, I had been considering making him her godfather, and I hope you’ll forgive me for making this decision without your consultation. We can only hope she doesn’t take after him too much.

That, of course, doesn’t exclude the lesbian part of your analysis!

1 Like

My trans lesbian friend says Brigitte is a trans lesbian so that’s that.

1 Like

How about this:

They’re fictional characters so they can be anything we want them to be.

5 Likes

Sure, that’s what headcanons are for =)

1 Like

Yeah, that’s his/her headcannon.
The cannon is Brigitte’s sex interested is still unknown.

And one thing:
Homosexsual woman is lesbian.
Homosexsual man is gay.
Remember that.

True, but it’s also possible that, lore-wise, that document was edited after she transitioned so that it would be correct. I’m not saying that’s objectively what happened, but it’s how I rationalize it. (And yes it’s a bit of a stretch but let’s face it, OW lore has much bigger stretches that are already part of the written canon)

1 Like
  1. In addition to being used for homosexual men, gay can also be a blanket term for homosexual women and really anyone in the LGBT community.

2. If you’re going to brag about using only “science names” and not talking in “wierd English,” it really doesn’t help you sound smart when the rest of your spelling and grammar are borderline incoherent.

3. You listed “heterosexual” alongside homosexual, bisexual, and asexual as things Brigitte isn’t. So unless you think she’s pansexual, demisexual, greysexual, or some other LGBT sexuality I really don’t know what you think she is

1. Shouldn’t be used like that. Term should has one clear meaning. Gay is homosexual man, lesbian is homosexual woman, and then if there something else exists, it should has totally new name. Less confusing, more clear and pleased talk.
    The people are lazy, I guess.

2. Till someone understands what writing/talking/gesturing person means, it’s good enough.

3. There’re the only two sexes and 4 types of being interested in them. All others are pain in my head to be honest. shorturl.at/iluzU

I would like to know more about Jack’s ex-partner, Vincent.
And bye forever. I won’t come back here.

The medical/scientific establishment in the US at least officially recognizes that there are more than two genders so “I identify as a helicopter” jokes are incredibly outdated, ignorant and cliché at this point. Also, gay is used as an umbrella term by several people in the LGBTQ community, not just “homosexual” men. I hope you leave at least a little bit more educated than you were before.

2 Likes

genders =/= sexes
Everyone is born as girl or boy, it’s written in genes as XX or XY chromosomes, these 2 are the only 2 sexes. Any mutation of chromosomes is illness. Ashe, Symmetra and Moira have chromosome illnesses: albinism, autism, heterochromia iridum. Junkrat possible has schizophrenia.

Genders are what you think you are in society. These are as many as humans on Earth.
Bye.

Anyway Brigitte is trans, so are Mercy and McCree. Hanzo has an arrow ready for anybody that misgenders his handsome af boyfriend.

3 Likes