LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

I actually like Lucioā€™s redesign. Making the backpack frog shaped was a fun touch.
Still snoring at mei tho

Looking at Seagull play OW2, it looks pretty fun for a PvE Overwatch game.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a Busan mission so basically Iā€™m losing my mind if D.Va isnā€™t in it

Me over here, wondering if Hanzo and Symmetra will ever get 1 lore, maybe some reveal soon, something to stop the drought amidst all of these tracers and genjis.

2 Likes

Part of me wants to believe that the gameplay footage is limited mostly to the cinematicā€™s heroes bc they didnā€™t want to reveal too much, but the other part of me is also very afraid that OW 2 is going to be like Kingdom Hearts: same core cast of characters in every map that get upgrades as the story progresses, everybody else from the OW lore will be map and mission specific. Which would be a rather dumb move on Blizzardā€™s part imo given that there are more than 20 other heroes in Overwatch 1 people have been maining and/or falling in love with gameplay/lore wise for three years. Iā€™ll prob buy it, but Iā€™m already preparing myself for the story mode to be a Winston Tracer Genji Mercy Mei Rein simulator with cameos from other people (at least Lucio is there too).

(That said I did love that they showed that Tracer keeps a cute pic of Emily with her, that might be responsible for 60% of my good mood rn)

3 Likes

There is story mode and hero missions, story mode is a pre-planned story with limited amount of characters, and then thereā€™ll be hero missions which are going to be missions any hero can play (or they are hero specific? Iā€™m unsure), though Iā€™m unsure how much story thereā€™ll be there.

Oh, that melted my icy heart instantly.

And I agree, I really hope every hero gets their own mission and lore, maybe not instantly at launch but over time.

2 Likes

Worst case scenario start getting ready for the Paris mission to be 95% Genji and Mercy flirting, Hanzo is there to have a sniper vs sniper with Widow from a very specific perch and then he disappears until Overwatch 4.

1 Like

Overwatch 4:

Hanzo: ā€œI have killed my brother. I am seeking redemption.ā€
Genji: ā€œIā€™m alive.ā€
Hanzo, senile in a retirement home: ā€œSometimes I can still hear his voice.ā€

4 Likes

Overwatch 4:

Winston retired so now itā€™s a Hammond Genji Mercy Tracer Rein game.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget Mercyā€™s and Genjiā€™s children running around.

1 Like

Bastionā€™s new visual has a hat, which is Torbjƶrnā€™s. Cute.

2 Likes

Overwatch 5: Genji and Mercyā€™s two sons fight to the death, one becomes a cyborg archer while the other is the repentant human ninja, cyborg archer roams the world fighting bad guys with the help of his sidekicks Watson the chimp, Streaker the funky lesbian and Kindness the hot redhead doctor that saved him. Cameos from an omnic monk called Yodatta.

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

Iā€™m on the floor.

1 Like

A few notes

• Overwatch 2 is early in development. Jeff has no idea when itā€™s going to be released. After Blizzcon theyā€™re going to go dark and be quiet. Also supposedly Moiraā€™s new look is AMAZING.
  • New announcer, supposedly itā€™s someone we know.
  • Overwatch 2 will have brand new heroes. Sojourn obviously one of them, Echo is likely (not confirmed but itā€™s pretty obvious), Jeff also mentioned the chaos that happened when they released Genji, D.Va and Mei all at once and itā€™s going to be similar in Overwatch 2, so Iā€™m assuming at least three new heroes confirmed.
  • No new Archives event coming to Overwatch 1 (which most likely means release is Summer the earliest. New skins and cosmetics coming regardless. Other features are coming, a new deathmatch mode, training room while queueing. So probably no new heroes or maps are coming to base game either.
2 Likes

So weā€™re literally going to have 0 lore for a looooong, long time. Ugh, while Iā€™m pretty excited for Overwatch 2, the game basically being dead and stagnant for a long, long time, isnā€™t going to be fun.

Also, the first Overwatch book (with Efi and Orisa) is going to be released May 2020. The heck? Could at least throw that our way now, to at least give us SOMETHING. Also itā€™s 300+ pages according to Amazon. Wowsers.

1 Like

I get why theyā€™re not releasing any new archive events but I thought theyā€™d try to fill the time between now and OW 2 with more short stories and books. Now is the time to go more in depth into all the old OW lore before OW 2 comes out and shows us the new OW.

Youā€™d think thatā€™d be a good way to keep people invested and interested, but it feels like thereā€™s no reason to be hype for the base game anymore, and who knows when OW2 will be released. Iā€™d assume before Blizzcon 2020 so they can reveal new content for OW2 during that time. Iā€™m hoping for a May release along with the first Overwatch book. Itā€™d also collide with Overwatchā€™s anniversary, so regular Overwatch being updated during Anniversary would make a lot of sense.

2 Likes

For our Overwatch 2 cover story, we played the new PvP and PvE game modes, and also talked to the development team about upcoming maps and heroes. We saw silhouettes of four new heroes and detail them in the story.
https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1190373055803088896

Four silhouettes huh, and even some details about their placement in the story.

Iā€™m kinda anxious right now. OW 2 seems like a lot of fun BUT it also seems very focused on the main good guys which Iā€™m really tired of. I think Jeff said something along the lines of it not making sense to have e.g. Roadhog on a mission with Overwatch heroes ā€“ so does that mean some heroes wonā€™t be available for any story missions at all? Because I will be so mad if thatā€™s the case. I guess itā€™s difficult to create missions for characters like Ashe, or Junkrat and Roadhog who barely have any connections with the rest of the characters, butā€¦ it just doesnā€™t seem fair to only write story and interactions for the same few heroes over and over again.

What I personally would like the most is a mission with Talon members as playable characters. I want to hear them interact, see what their relationships with each other are like. Iā€™m excited for Moiraā€™s new look but whatā€™s the point of it if it doesnā€™t come with new lore. Also itā€™d be so interesting to see Symmetra and other ā€œside charactersā€ become a part of the main storyline but I wonder if thatā€™ll happen.

Also Iā€™m really confused about those hero missions and what makes them so ā€œhigly replayableā€. You can select any hero on them, andā€¦? Does it have an impact on the outcome of the mission or something? Iā€™m just confused.

1 Like