LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

Still find it odd, but I guess with so many similar leaks, there has to be some truth here.

Iā€™m not sure if I want it. I donā€™t want to lose all of my progress and unlocks and buy a new game. Something like an expansion might work, especially if it focuses on story and pve, though Iā€™m still disliking modifications to heroes to be more like a moba.

I guess weā€™ll see in a week.

these ā€œupdated designsā€ justā€¦dont look right. I mean, it doesnt look like overwatch really, it looks too different. like with rein for instance, he has a man-bun, a full chest length beard, and all new armor. and lucioā€™s hair is glowing green. it seems more like fan-art of aged up characters than the official design style the game has gone with. it just doesnt look like what weā€™ve gotten to this point.

2 Likes

also the last thing the story of overwatch needs right now is another time skip.

1 Like

I wonder how the ā€œother charactersā€ will look like with this time skip.

1 Like

better yet. whoā€™s still alive? whoā€™s still active? there has been nothing warranting a time skip, at all. in fact as the story goes so far, there isnt time for a time skip either, all of this stuff thatā€™s been happening so far has happened relatively fast. a considerable amount of time mustve passed if rein has grown a full length beard out of nowhere.

seems like the same but genji has pants and a sleeveless hoodie

2 Likes

Really odd. Rein looks like he aged, but others donā€™t really (or itā€™s just a ā€œeternally ageless female charactersā€ syndrome + robot + cyborg + monkey so we canā€™t tell).

Either way, Iā€™m still meh about all of it. I want lore and pve modes and story in the game, but I also donā€™t want this to be a completely separate game that will make all of my progress in the current one moot.

1 Like

The brigitte-fied rein armor is a cute touch, at least.

Still not mega impressed with the cast we have so far.

2 Likes

I hate to say it, but I dont trust this sequel and I seem to dread it more than be excited. I cant quite put my finger on it, but Im getting red flags over it.

2 Likes

I feel like itā€™s either going to blow our minds or be a big disappointment. Storm Rising didnā€™t inspire much confidence in the future of OW PvE and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s because they wanted to save all their new PvE mechanics for OW 2.

1 Like

There is definitely a lot to be afraid of with this upcoming announcement. I get the excitement some people have, itā€™s not unwarranted. but Im concerned what this means for the original game and the characters I like in it.

That too, Iā€™m glad theyā€™re finally incorporating Lucio into the story, but there are many other characters that have not been brought in yet and Iā€™m worried that Blizzard is going to take their sweet time milking money out of people with more expansions and sequels to do that. Also Blizzard pls let me keep my skins from the first game.

1 Like

Pretty much exactly my point. itā€™s hard to trust how things will go. and story wise itā€™s almost even more concerning because there is nothing warranting a time-skip, too much would need to have happened.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand, didnā€™t Chu say that Mei wasnā€™t a combatant, just a scientist? Meh. Also Echo in the background, not particularly hype about her. I hope theyā€™ll do a double release of Echo and Sojourn so we can get them out of the way lul.

Also Genjiā€™s redesign looks awful.

2 Likes

I think both of them will coexist because one is more esports focused while the other PvE. I definitely remember in an interview, they mentioned Archive events werenā€™t able to output a farther scope due to limitations of the gameā€™s design so I think this is what OW2 is supposed to be; so itā€™s not limited/framed to that PvP design/environment.

2 Likes

That would be neat. Iā€™d like a story only version of the game, but only if they add story for everyone. I donā€™t want stories about Winston, Genji and Tracer again, I want to explore other characters.

But I guess if something like that is happening, itā€™s going to be multiple expansions and updates through the years.

Zenyatta lore ETA 2097.

6 Likes

Same because the Archives events this year had these characters already lol. Minus Mei, Sojourn, Echo I suppose.

1 Like

Yeah. I wouldnā€™t mind Mei, but as Rot said, they established sheā€™s a scientist, not a combatant. I guess people change if the need arises, but still. Iā€™m meh on Mei currently.

Sojourn is interesting or at least feels that way, so I wouldnā€™t mind that and Echo isā€¦ Nobody currently. So I canā€™t tell.

But Iā€™m definitely more interested in heroes like Sym, Pharah, Zen, Widowā€¦ And obviously, Hanzo. Basically, anyone other than the poster kids. Iā€™m fine with Lucio and am excited about the upcoming book.

6 Likes

I want to see their new outfits. Hanzo with new outfit ahhhā€¦

2 Likes

Secretly hoping for more mentions of Jack and Vincent but the chances of that happening lololololololol NO. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if they revealed Genji x Mercy to be canon and maybe another LGBT character though. Thatā€™d set tongues wagging.

1 Like