LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

I hope if you play him and listen closely you can hear the music at all times too. kind of like how if you listen closely while playing krieg in borderlands 2 you can hear his sane personality talking to him and the player.

especially with moira around. though they did confirm the rabbit was ok.

Thankfully 2-2-2 is a thing because I would NOT be pleased with more barriers.

1 Like

the SR change is a welcome one as well. it might make comp actually fun again.

1 Like

Mauga is going to be playable one day, was confirmed on Seagullā€™s stream.

• Siebren de Kuiper, Age: 62
  • Base of Operations: The Hague, Netherlands (formerly)
  • Affiliation: Talon

Brilliant astrophysicist Dr. Siebren de Kuiperā€™s life changed forever when an experiment gone wrong gave him the ability to control gravity; now, Talon manipulates him to their own ends.

De Kuiper was considered a pioneer in his field. His lifeā€™s work involved devising a way to harness the power of gravity. Equally known for his groundbreaking research and eccentric personality, he conducted most of his studies from his lab in The Hague. Believing that he was close to achieving his goal, he performed his most important experiment on an international space station.

But something went wrong, triggering the brief formation of a black hole. De Kuiper was only exposed to its power for a moment, but he suffered serious psychological damage. The area around him began to experience strange fluctuations in gravity, peaking and dropping in time with his reactions. He had to be evacuated immediately.

Upon returning to Earth, De Kuiper was quarantined in a secret government facility. Between his ravings about the patterns of the universe, the psychic damage he sustained, and the gravitic anomalies happening around him, he was deemed unsafe and detained for years under the name ā€œSubject Sigma.ā€ Isolated and unable to control his powers, De Kuiper retreated into his own mind. He thought he would never see the outside world again.

When Talon discovered De Kuiperā€™s existence, they infiltrated the facility and broke him out, planning to use his brilliance and research to further their plans. In their custody, De Kuiper slowly gained control of his powers. Now, gravity moved according to his will, and he was closer than ever to achieving his lifeā€™s goal. But the same experiment that had opened his mind had also fractured it, and he struggled to keep the pieces together.

De Kuiper continues to develop his powers in hopes of unlocking the secrets of the universe, unaware that Talon is using both him and his research.

2 Likes

yep, just like I said. evil tracer! love it actually. though Iā€™m seeing some people upset heā€™s mentally unstableā€¦traumatized. Iā€™d argue its better used with him than junkrat.

I mean in general I think his whole lore was laid out before this. Everything that we thought he would be, well, he is, just a LOOOOT more simplified.

The music thing isnā€™t explained, I guess he just likes classical music and thatā€™s it. We also donā€™t know how exactly is his mind affected. And we donā€™t know how exactly is he unaware that Talon is using him.

I still like him a lot but I wish we couldā€™ve gotten something a bit juicier.

2 Likes

what Iā€™m getting from this is he went too far, saw too much. heā€™s seeing and hearing things nobody else can because of what he went through, giving him his powers, and while heā€™s not necessarily ā€œsaneā€ because of his experience, heā€™s not exactly delusional. If that makes any sense.

1 Like

Probably, I donā€™t know, but you know what would be fun? A comic that would explain more. That, that would be fun.

1 Like

his gameplay is looking pretty fun. definitely a tank I can enjoy playing.

Anyway, Jeff was asked about Zenyatta lore again, and he said Blizzard soon like the last time and he said Blizzard soon is ā€˜ā€™ inside 2 years ā€˜ā€™ soā€¦ yeah

BUT

he also mentioned, after talking about that, that they have something special coming in a few weeks. This could mean a comic or a short.

Then, he continued with something VERY cool is coming around late summer-early September. Whether thatā€™s lore related, who knows, but Iā€™m guessing an animated short and an event with it like last year. But he did say it was something really exciting. And obviously, Blizzcon will be amazing as well, though he didnā€™t sound THAT enthusiastic about it lol

2 Likes

yeah sounds about right. on the bright side, role queue means no more stacking shield tanks.

1 Like

And thank fuk for that!

Im excited to see what skins heā€™ll be gettingā€¦it could honestly be anything, but im expecting something mythology related, like a greek god. who knows. his design actually allows a lot of creativity.

Definitely a superhero/villain skin with a cape is coming at one point.
And maybe a nature-y skin because of his rock throwing thing.
And a space suit skin.

1 Like

everyone was getting ā€œmagnetoā€ vibes from him, and with his abilities, i definitely see that happening.

they mentioned that they originally designed this character with mauga in mind, and had to switch the character piece of character design some point through things. They definitely made it a lot simpler than some of us had expected, but it makes sense under that time frame.

They are still planning on maugaā€¦but for now, we get this guy.

1 Like

so nothing lost, plenty gained. this guy looks like fun, and honestly didnt see mauga having abilities like this in mind anyway.

1 Like

Well itā€™s good to know that Mauga wonā€™t most likely be just a Talon Heavy Assault copy when he does get released.

2 Likes