LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

That was, intenseā€¦ holy ballsā€¦

2 Likes

Place your bets on what the most popular ship with him will be. Iā€™m going all in on Sigma x Reaper.

I mean itā€™s going to be Sigma x Moira because that is what heteros do, but Iā€™m going to wait until we learn about his backstory to decide.

2 Likes

I love this. Heā€™s so intense and intriguing. Incredible origin story, very abstract, just like the topic it covers.

Iā€™m hooked.

I absolutely adore that we have a sleek male tank, instead of all of them being big and bulky. VARIETY. Although I wish he couldā€™ve been younger but either way, I REALLY love his design.

1 Like

An awesome origin story! I donā€™t think Iā€™ve been this excited about a new hero since Moira was introduced. Canā€™t wait to know more about him.

1 Like

God, having to wait till tomorrow to learn more about his lore specifically is going to suck. For the first time Iā€™m ACTUALLY interested in a new heroā€™s lore.

4 Likes

silly childā€¦lucio isnā€™t allowed to have lore.

Same.

I also canā€™t wait to hear his voice lines and comments. This whole astrophysics SF horror thing is my entire jam. His entire concept is just so intriguing, canā€™t wait to find out where he fits in the lore and how Talon got to him.

1 Like

What intrigues me is whether he is evil, the twitter text regarding Sigma implied that he just wants to do science and search for answers regarding the Universe, but Talon most likely abducted him and brainwashed him.

But, the text also mentioned that he specifically doesnā€™t know he is being used as a human weapon. So maybe, his true self is stuck in some kind of a limbo in his own subconsciousness, if that makes sense at all. Like his madness is taking over his mind (further powered by Talonā€™s brainwashing), and his real self is tucked away somewhere deep inside his psyche.

3 Likes

It looks like those floating machine parts on top of his head communicate his inner thoughts? His subconsciousness seems like itā€™s stuck inside.

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s some sort of split personality, and one is stuck in its own reality in a way.

1 Like

This hero will be one heck of a character backstory wise. I need to see his lore now, right now, I NEED IT!!! Also, the music part still isnā€™t really explained, which is interesting to me. Why all the musical notes, the classic piano music, why the emphasis on that?

2 Likes

I like that heā€™s crazy and tank

But he looks like Gru especially in-game lmao

Heā€™s kind of like an evil tracer when you think about it. time (tracer) and space (sigma), both are created out of accidents from experiments with both time and space.

2 Likes

Was playing Choices and this appeared. Looks like Kaplan isnā€™t the only game developer fan of the couple. Lol

5 Likes

I actually forgot he supported it until you mentioned it again. that and pharmercy, likely for gameplay reasons as well as shipping.

I suspect a jekyll and hyde scenario where the ā€œrealā€ sigma was actually around while imprisoned and the evil version only comes out when heā€™s free. like heā€™s hiding in his own mind while the innocent sigma suffers. because I doubt thereā€™s two sigmas and the innocent one is in the state heā€™s in and imprisoned while the evil one is free, or that they swapped universes somehow.

I feel like the music is supposed to represent the two sides. His true and actual personality is that very nice, calm, smooth style of music and then it snaps to the intense part controlling him.

The siren are also incredibly loud and drown the music out which says a lot about how intense that switch is.

3 Likes

Sounds reasonable. Though it is quite interesting how the piano music comes off as unsettling and creepy regardless. I just hope he is more of a victim than a bad guy honestly, because I donā€™t think an actual mad scientist who ebil for the sake of being ebil is that groundbreaking.

1 Like