LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

I’d rather the game take place in present, rather than the past. And I think what they meant with Left 4 Dead comparison is the style of gameplay, so it won’t necessarily be anything like how Overwatch is now.

very true, i mean, i’m admittedly partial to the past because i’m a sucker for blackwatch :wink:

On a different note, i did learn some interesting coinciding details on the comic/story front.

someone pointed out that, reading between the lines, its highly possible some acti-blizz higher up mucked up publishing rights between dark horse and scholastic, as if they tried to sell it to scholastic dark horse comics would be well within their rights to say they had the rights of publishing first.

Makes even more sense when you notice you can no longer access the interactive comics at all, only the PDF versions. the entire comic page is gone.

1 Like

OWL pride shirts, eh?

It is interesting that they’re inadvertently advocating for pride in specific Chinese places by having them say “Shanghai is love” in big rainbow letters lol

Also my pride pin came in today. It’s pretty nice

1 Like

My pin is still on its way :weary: I also bought Funko Orisa, perhaps the pin is travelling at her speed on her back.

Also these pride shirts are… Hm. I really wish they weren’t OWL themed.

I was checking out OWL just now and the pre-show is this one LGBT fan talking about Pride Day in OWL. I think it’s nice they’re really emphasizing it–the announcers are also doing some big ads for the pride pin.

1 Like

Couldn’t watch personally, too late for me across the pond and I started work. But I’m glad they’re pushing it even to OWL, as much as I would’ve preferred pride shirts with other themes, but it’s brave to speak openly about LGBT topics in the hive of scum and villainy that is esports and the accompanying dudebros.

This is where you have to ask yourself: what am I trying to achieve again?

I wish you would stop doing that to yourself!

I had the urge recently and decided not to, a wise choice. Also I totally forgot about the double XP weekend and instead bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 on sale for 5€ even though I’m still busy with Odyssey DLC and also I have to actually sleep because of my job.

Also for some reason I lost the trust level 3 and am now on 2, is it because I’m spamming Blizzard’s Bug Report forums with snarky comments on how they refuse to acknowledge a bug that Hanzo has since launch and that multiple people have been reporting for over 2 years but there’s no answer? Because If that’s the reason, I don’t care. You can take my right to put snarky gifs in my posts, but you can’t take my stubbornness and pettiness.

1 Like

Battlefront 2 is well worth the price if you catch it that cheap. The star fighter mode is some of the best aerial combat in a game I’ve ever seen

2 Likes

we finally have a release date for cyberpunk, and with borderlands 3 and “overwatch 2” it’s looking like we’re getting a lot of games to be excited for in the next year. here’s hoping for good times ahead in those fandoms.

agreed. a lot of good sales going on. got vampyr for less than 1/3rd of its full price.

So, Bleeding Edge
https://www.bleedingedge.com/en/fighters

Probably not going to gain much traction but goodness I love some of the characters. Nidhoggr is my bae.

I kind of like daemon. though kulev is definitely unique. I wish overwatch had a snake themed hero.

https://i.imgur.com/rs76APk.jpg

Orisa said “Gay rights!” (bring me my trust lvl 3 Blizz please :(( )

1 Like

Cute. Also snoring at Overwatch. The next hero better be huuuuge in terms of lore and diversifying the roster one way or another.

1 Like

it’s probably the rogue omnic from the last event

Yeah apparently they are an IMPORTANT OMNIC OOOOH but that remains to be seen. I think everything before Overwatch 2 will probably be just SNNNOOOOORRREEEEEE

Buddhist robot monk have a romance, comedy genius

I think its great that Blizzard added LGBT characters to the game. As a gay man myself i was quite surprised when i found out about this. However i agree with some others that there shouldn’t be a whole bunch in the future as that would be unrealistic when you look at the general population. I can clearly remember the times when you did not talk about being gay/lesbian etc because of fear of rejection. Its good that times changed and that many people see it as something common like being right or left handed.