LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

I donā€™t know about Max. What would his powers even be? Heā€™s been shown as a non-combatant multiple times. It would seem odd if he suddenly shows up to the battlefield.

But weā€™ll see, I guess. Iā€™m excited for Sojourn, but who knows when thatā€™s coming. Echo and JQ are meh. Hopefully the next hero is something exciting.

Not Max, this guy.

https://i.imgur.com/ONCVABu.mp4

1 Like

Oh right. Iā€™m actually interested in him story-wise, but another male omnic when we have three female heroes in the worksā€¦

At the end of the day, him and Sojourn are fine, if anything, then for story. But we donā€™t have much else to look for beyond that (and if I recall right, I donā€™t think either of them are hero 31).

Sojourn and Echo have been confirmed not to be hero 31.
JQ has been said to be a bigger project that has a larger scope, but she could be hero 31.
This guy is most likely hero 31, otherwise the teasing seems a bit weird.

1 Like

Really canā€™t imagine why JQ would be such a huge project. And while I donā€™t mind her being hot, Iā€™m also disappointed that she looks like another supermodel instead of a gruff and grizzled leader she is. (Will never get over Ashe)

Can we get ONE male hero with a form-fitting outfit and whose butt is on display like Tracerā€™s, Sombraā€™s and Widowmakerā€™s? Gosh. They always give female heroes super tight pants and male heroes baggy pants.

1 Like

One day, maybe. If we yell hard enough.

#RevealMaleButts2k19

Even though Baptiste is very attractive, his diesign has to be the absolute worst when it comes to new heroes. Like, you couldnā€™t come up with ANYTHING better? He looks horrible, I hate his outfit.

Yeah, Iā€™m a bit underwhelmed by it too. Especially his other skins. I currently have him in Talon one and I like the default better than any epic or legendary. And the default itself isnā€™t too interesting.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand why his outfit needs to add several extra pounds to him. I also donā€™t understand why the legs have to be so chunky. It ruins the silhouette so much.

Sojourn looks amazing imo. JQ and Echo are zzzzzz in comparison.

I still want Antonio, darn it

I think his default design is ok, but Iā€™m a fan of color compliments, especially blue and orange. But outside of that, he doesnā€™t have too many unique elements. And the only unique element, the boots, doesnā€™t look good.
I think there are possibilities for overt male sexuality with a Meka pilot, honestly.

1 Like

Itā€™s not even the most popular ship both in general, or for each respective member.

But it just goes back to the ship wars of old, people will always say ā€œoh it shouldnā€™t be canonā€ to keep the peace somewhat but the second any hints about anything come out then they flip around and shove it into your face.

Knowing full well straight ships are pretty much always the chosen choice, or in the rare case it isnā€™t, the chosen partner dies.

You said it best there though.

2 Likes

McHanzo and R76 are the most popular ships, or at least the most searched. After that is Pharmercy, then either Roadrat or Gency.

The current ship wars heavily rely on making one of the ships somehow abusive and problematique. R76 is racist, Gency is about power dynamics, anything with D.VA is bad because of an age gap.

You canā€™t just say ā€œI donā€™t like itā€ anymore.

I donā€™t like any of the ships personally. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just say all ships are abusive and go

All ships are abusiveā€¦

ā€¦to my eyes :sunglasses:

No but really ships are ā€˜ā€™ cute ā€˜ā€™ but I donā€™t really grasp the fandoms surrounding ships if they are not canon. But thatā€™s just my own issue.

1 Like

Nah, I get it. Iā€™ve only ever been into relationships that are canon or heavily canon-supported. Hence, theyā€™ve always been straight.

Iā€™ve never been much of a shipper really, I just accept what happens in canon and thatā€™s it. But I later realised just how much that affected me personally. I was accepting canon relationships that are largely forced straight token romances that have to be there because our culture decided it was so and consuming that media for years and years deeply affected how much I misunderstood my own sexuality (bi).

What fandoms and shipping opened up to me is this realisation that characters that are canonically paired off are often forced and make no sense and that thereā€™s a much better option somewhere else, usually between same sex individuals thatā€™s being ignored because of homophobia. Looking back at some media I used to watch or like without the heteronormative glasses on, thereā€™s so much more tension, potential and intriguing storylines if you consider that gay relationships are allowed.

Iā€™m still not really invested in shipping as a whole, though I find the whole culture around it interesting, especially in LGBT context. I ship one Overwatch ship actively and even that started mostly because of outside influences. If not for that, Iā€™d probably just be like with most OW ships, which is ā€œSounds cute, moving on.ā€

3 Likes