LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

one of tracerā€™s storm rising mission lines is ā€œthis would be a great place for a vacation with emily!ā€ confirming that theyā€™ve been together for at least 6 years.

5 Likes

Overwatch has had tone issue for a while now. Wouldnā€™t call it an identity crisis, but yeah, theyā€™re there

1 Like

They want to appeal to everyone, which isnā€™t working at all. I feel like once Fortnite came around, they REEAAALLLY wanted that audience as well, even if they originally tried to go for a teen-young adult audienceā€¦ but forgot once crucial point, in that Overwatch is not free-to-play, and requires a pretty good computer to run efficiently. Most kids donā€™t have that kind of money, or parents whoā€™d be fine with using that much money on gaming.

2 Likes

Yeah, but idk if it takes a good comp to run it, itā€™s fairly well optimized.
I still give OW credit on taking the least offensive attitude to loot boxes tho.

Tanks and healers were a freaking mistake. Thatā€™s what I think. Delete them all.

Is Baptiste gay yet? Is Vincent released yet? groan

Any body else feelingā€¦
F A T I G U E D ?

I actually stopped playing to play a different game. I bought the skin I wanted and just stopped there. I didnā€™t want to deal with the RNG. Iā€™m waiting for the arcade boxes to restart.

Yeah, same.
Iā€™ve had my time split between a couple games. I think the fatigue is just from work honestly.

Ohh aww I hope you feel better soon.

I think if thereā€™s anything I learned is that I shouldnā€™t try to burnt myself out over lootboxes, but just play whenever you feel like it.

1 Like

Yeah, that a good idea.
Iā€™ve mostly just been playing PVE stuff because I donā€™t enjoy the stress of multiplayer lol.

1 Like

while its super lovely to hear that tracers been in a loving relationship for 6 years im so torn up we got very little ā€˜newā€™ lore out of the event.

i jus wanted 2 hear more abt mccree, genji, please tell me whats going on there :frowning:

I played like 7 hours straight today. Iā€™ve been enjoying myself for some reason.

Anyway, if Hero 31 isnā€™t the omnic shown at the end of the mission, then could it be that weā€™re finally getting Sanjay, and with that a Symmetra/Lucio short during August? Would be fun.

3 Likes

For a lore event, I was kind of expecting more from the characters? But we just got more questions and a cliffhanger. But I kind of like how short it is (which can be seen as both a good/bad thing), it makes it easier for arcade lootbox farming.

Maybe because we donā€™t have a comic? Maybe thatā€™s why it feels like we have less.

1 Like

That was very sweet to hear.
But yeah, not much new in the way of lore.

1 Like

Itā€™s nice knowing that Tracer has known Emily that long actually.

3 Likes

Wonder how long itā€™ll take to get any information on Vincent and Jack tsk tsk.

2 Likes

Hopefully it wonā€™t take too long. I think Bastet was a nice way to start introducing more lore into the game and hopefully they make more of those.

1 Like

like i spent a good amount of time analyzing the new stuff we got out of it and hereā€™s what we have relative 2 storytelling

• BW is sidelined but still working to some degree in OW. this means theyā€™re glorified analysts instead of field operatives probably? I guessed somethin like that in the past.
  • Talon hierarchy is being changed, again. Meaning its not just literally Reyes shooting Antonio that did stuff, Doomfist makes other changes and Sojourn notes that clearly.
  • Genji isnt speaking to BW anymore. Mercy answers 4 him on the matter that he likes OW better.

theres some smaller thingsā€¦like genjiā€™s not the only one who got a robot body (but hes got a good head on his shoulders badumtis). winston has to do taxes to switzerland. but nothing meaty to sink our teeth into and analyze. no questions got answered, and no new substantial info was given.

2 Likes

Callin it. Junker Queen.

Jeff said they have big plans for Junker Queen, but the plans are more long term if anything. He didnā€™t deny that she is hero 31 but I sort of doubt it.

1 Like