LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

I unfortunately agree.
Also, I heard from someone itā€™s 25GB, but I doubt that tbh.

Actually it is 24GB. At least for PS4 users. Itā€™s quite a long download.

I think for PC users, itā€™s around 600MB?

I think all of the budget went to the cut scenes.

Ahh, 600MB is far more reasonable.

Seems that way.

The event is also much more shorter than Retribution and Uprising.

This is a bad and good thing. Itā€™s easier to get arcade lootboxes butā€¦ less for the PvE.

Am I WRONG for hoping that this event is so meh because Anniversary will blow us all away? Maybe Anniversary is a sequel to this event? No? Okay.

1 Like

Anniversary will most likely give us a map or something. But anything beyond skins and map, I kind of doubt?

I recall there being a post/interview about big things being planned for Anniversary but I wonā€™t vouch for that.

3 Likes

hate to say it but I think its F2P

Youā€™re not wrong. Although, lots of fans kind of pay through lootboxes.

I like the new characters, like the ending of the event in particular. I also like the map. Especially the fort part with the storm. But the event itself is eh. I donā€™t hate it, but nothing will ever top Retribution.

Iā€™m glad Mercy got some badass moments and seems to be the spokesperson at the end there with Max. As far as I understand, they trade Max for information on Doomfist which leads to Doomfistā€™s arrest. But as they say during the event, if they donā€™t deliver Max, itā€™s the end for the strike team. So I guess thatā€™s how it all begins to fall apart. Morrison and Reyes ā€œhave been arguing a lot lately,ā€ they fail to deliver Max, strike team is shut down. They do get Doomfist, butā€¦

jeff said on a livestream today that d.va is getting an anniversary skin that will ā€œbreak the internetā€
he also said that sojourn wonā€™t be hero 31 but that sheā€™s been in devlopment since 2014/2015

2 Likes

Ohh sounds wonderful! Iā€™m glad Sojourn is confirmed a hero. Fans wanted a black woman hero and there she is.

I wish D.Vaā€™s event skin diversity was better (@ mccree Mei and Bastion) but as long as itā€™s not super cutesy and thereā€™s work into the mech itā€™s fine

2 Likes

I think Iā€™m done with the event. I just bought the skin and highlight intro I wanted so I wonā€™t have to deal with grinding. The PvE is okay and the cinematic is nice but it doesnā€™t really excite me overall.

Who got highlight intros? any emotes?

Check here. I just recorded the whole thing. There are no emotes but highlight intros are Doomfist, Hammond, Hanzo.

https://twitter.com/brendenseng/status/1118226252567990272

The only good one is Hammondā€™s bless him

D.Va gets nothing again. I sleeeeep

1 Like

I canā€™t believe the Hammond one is real lmao. I thought it was a joke at first when they tweeted it but itā€™s real.

Ew, hate that thereā€™s Gency lines in the event!!! Especially now that itā€™s confirmed they were hitting on each other while Genji was Mercyā€™s patient

2 Likes