LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

First teaser for new hero (most likely).

I DARE blizzard to have the audacity to have this not be a tank
please be Antonio

It would definitely round out the Talon team roster.

So, briefly:

• TALON FIREWALL… Bypassed. Meaning there’s someone hacking Talon’s database.

• Sombra skull at the end, Sombra is obviously behind it.

• The information she is trying to grab has something to do with communications regarding Captain Cuerva, D. I’m guessing the next bit of information will be us seeing these communications and that’ll give us a stronger idea who the next hero is.

• Unauthorized Access Detected… Is Sombra getting caught for working against Talon, or rather being a free agent?

• The name ‘’ Trung Le Nguyen ‘’ pops up which is a Vietnamese name. Googling the name, Trung Nguyen, gives me a company with the same name, which sells coffee. The company was founded by someone called ‘’ Dang Le Nguyen ‘’ which tells me nothing but the Le is apparent there as well. If I’m not completely wrong, there was some kind of a coffee machine thing/issue revealed during the Sombra leaks? So there’s a vague link…

2 Likes

Oh, there’s a blog post too, with a lot more stuff lol.

“Medic” ugh not another support PLEASE

Talon tank Talon tank Talon tank

Join my prayer circle.

1 Like

The report also says ‘’ built to survive ‘’ so… tank medic who knows.

1 Like

I’ve never known a medic to be such a good shot, and his adaptability to new situations is a rare talent. All of us have seen our fair share of conflict, but Baptiste was built to survive. I swear he has the Devil’s own luck.

Yeah, this sounds like a hero setup. Perhaps a red herring, but.

I’d actually like a character that seems to have defected from Talon. A lot of lore potential.

Could be. But I feel like that’s too on the nose, way too on the nose. Usually teasers are way more cryptic and unexpected than this. Well, okay, not really, Doomfist and Sombra were really obvious, but those were pre-existing names and characters.

In the end, we have a LOT of names right now.

Captain Cuerva, Trung Le Nguyen, Commander F. McManaway, Jean-Baptiste Augustin, Pacanowsky, Mazzei, Doubleday…

1 Like

We can probably disqualify the names of agents from a “missing team.” They seem mostly like fluff.

Nguyen is an “analyst.” Can’t really see how that can be a hero. I’d say Cuerva and Baptiste are currently the only candidates.

Unless it’s a bait like Emre Sarioglu, but this is way more developed than that one name drop.

Maybe, but for a first teaser, this was REALLY HEAVY. What else is there to tease, lol. This was pretty thorough if Jean-Baptiste is the next hero.

The only thing left to decipher from this teaser I guess is Sombra’s part in all this.

Yep. It looks like Sombra is leaking Talon information. Which is pretty much in line with all the hints that Sombra isn’t exactly the most loyal of Talon agents and that she has her own agenda.

I do really want an ex-Talon medic, that sounds wonderful. But if he is the hero they teased too much too early lol.

2 Likes

Also we can only hope he’s not, like, 80 years old. Or designed like a joke.

2 Likes

I hope he’s hot

I hope he’s actually Haitian that would be sweet

3 Likes

remember this is the first teaser, the first teaser for orisa and brigitte didn’t mention them name/they didn’t even exist yet in universe. we got the interview with efi that takes place before orisa is rebuilt, and the white dome document which takes place before brigitte was even born. so its possible that noone in the teaser is even hero 30 and that hero 30 is just related to that,

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s possible.

The only thing is that both Efi and Emre weren’t really presented as heroes in the same way Baptiste is. Like, it was fairly obvious an 11 year old won’t be the hero and Emre was just a name. Baptiste already has a pretty decent description: medic, good shot, well-trained, resourceful, defected from Talon.

They show us a medic, they will give us a tank :smiley:

I honestly hope so.

This is far more detailed than previous baits, but there’s still a chance of this being an elaborate setup (as well as setting things up for the future; it’s possible that this is a setup for a completely different hero and Baptiste will show up as hero 31 or 32).

1 Like