LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

I like these illustrations they’ve been doing for the holiday giveaways.

2 Likes

The art style makes it look like Genji’s wearing pumps.

1 Like

I feel like they could be sprays; even the Ashe/Bob one could probably be a cute skin for them.

1 Like

Let Genji wear kitten heels 2k18

2 Likes

This is a game not a place to spread your opinions on bout gay rights.

Blizzcon 2015:

During the World of Overwatch panel at BlizzCon 2015, Bill Petras (the Overwatch artistic director) confirmed that there would in fact be a gay character in Overwatch, and Chris Metzen confirmed that it wouldn’t just be one.

Michael Chu, Senior Game Designer on Overwatch, made the point that they wanted this to be an organic process, that they wanted to find a way for it to be revealed naturally and make it part of the unfolding story. So we know that Blizzard is aware of the diversity issue and is working to unfold it throughout the game’s process.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/07/overwatch-will-diverse-include-gay-characters/

Blizzcon 2016:

“We definitely haven’t forgotten about what we said. Like we said, it’s very important for us to have diversity and inclusiveness of all types and that includes LGBT characters. There are definitely LGBT heroes – that’s multiple heroes – it’s a decision that we make when we’re developing these characters early on.

We do feel strongly that we want these stories about character’s relationships – not just romantic, but familial relationships and stuff like that – come out in the course of stories that we feel really do them justice. So, because of some of the stories we’ve done so far we haven’t had a chance to shine any light on that.

But that said, I can say that we do have a story coming up soon – and that’s not ‘Blizzard™ soon,’ it’s actually soon – that will address this. And just to reiterate, it is absolutely something that’s important to us.”

http://jstationx.com/2016/11/07/overwatch-lgbt-character-reveal-blizzard/

Blizzcon 2017:

“I completely agree, representation is important to us as a team, too. In making Overwatch, making sure that it is a diverse and representative game is something that we’re always thinking about. Obviously, we showed off Tracer in the Reflections comic where it was revealed that she’s in a loving relationship with her girlfriend Emily and we are definitely interested in showing more of the character relationships.

It’s really a matter of finding the right stories because we don’t want to just come out and label people, we want them to come out naturally as part of the narrative. I’ve said it before, definitely more members of the Overwatch cast are LGBT.”

http://jstationx.com/2017/11/09/blizzard-tease-overwatch-lgbt-characters-blizzcon-2017/

Moira Interview w/ Michael Chu @ Blizzcon 2017:

So Overwatch is seen as a very queer game, not least because it was revealed in a comic that Tracer has a girlfriend, is Moira in any way queer in her sexuality or identity?

So, Moira identifies as female, and we had this thing when we were approaching the sexuality of our character which is that we don’t like to just apply a label to a character, and we prefer to address that when we feel like it’s integral to the story. For example, with Tracer we wanted to tell the story of Tracer and her life, and more than just her, a picture of all the heroes of Overwatch and what life was like outside of the battlefield, and we also just kind of wanted to do a year-in heartwarming story, and so in that context, it became an obvious aspect of her life that would come out, and so that’s why we addressed it there.

Would you want to address it now, in this interview, for Moira’s sexuality and identity?

No, I would prefer to have it come out naturally as part of a story.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/overwatch-moira-interview-lead-writer-michael-chu/

4 Likes

actually, this is a forum megathread to discuss lgbt subjects.

4 Likes

Sure dont look like it.

it was also moved here personally by the mods when this section of the forums was made. not deleted. there is nothing wrong with this thread existing.

1 Like

There are a few problems ive got with it,which is this is a lore based discussion how is saying this characters are gay or 4 gay rights when there probably 99.99% are not.

i advise you read the intro post. it explains everything.

I did.But dont care.Im just tired of this gay stuff and i know as soon as i say something bout it boom everyone just there attacking me 4 my opinions.

nobody made you click on this thread but you.

To spread my opinions.Cuz if i tried to make a thread going against this it would of been tooken down.

So you don’t care… But you care enough to continuously post here.

6 Likes

there just a troll. report then ignore them

2 Likes

This person is obviously a fake fan. We all know Lucio is a raging homosexual

2 Likes

considering lucio’s voicelines on numbani, i did indeed notice the irony.

Have you guys gotten any luck with the lootboxes? I keep getting old winter skins haha but I guess that’s still something. I got Jingle Tracer, Andes Lucio, and Frostbite Pharah…

But I’m glad I got the new emotes and victory poses very easily.

everything except zarya and widow’s skins are mine thanks to reputation reward loot boxes and saved gold. im pretty satisfied, i didnt care for those skins at all anyway. they arguably belonged in the summer games, not winter wonderland. especially widow’s.

1 Like