LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

Oh yeah, the bug for Blizzard World is so bad. Had some time yesterday and wanted to help my friend who streams so we played for like, 8 hours straight.

We got the Blizzard World map only once and the game kicked us out of the map mid-match, before we saw even the first third of it. It immediately booted the entire lobby onto a different map. Everybody was quite confused. We had a good laugh about it with the enemy team as well, but honestly. Extremely disappointing.

At least it was funny because the game kicked us all when my friend used earthshatter so the enemy team was like ā€œOh no, you earthshattered so hard, you broke the map.ā€ The worst part of this was that we were kicked into Horizon and as much as the jokes were good (ā€œEarthshattered so hard we got launched to the Moonā€), nobody likes Horizon so instead of playing the new map as intended, we got booted to everybodyā€™s least favourite map.

2 Likes

That Pharah figma is beautiful and Iā€™d get it if it wasnā€™t super expensive LMAO

I pretty much only collect female figures so I donā€™t really mind when a company focuses more on the feminine side of things, to be honest. It does suck how few men they make, though.

2 Likes

i get that, im not saying itā€™s a bad or terrible thing. just that they make amazing figures, but rarely is it a character i like for any reason. i dont watch magical girl animes or modern slice of life with cute girls fawning over a single boy. and i dont care much for mecha anime simply because they introduce characters to be killed off. like gundam iron blooded orphans. i wait patiently for akira/devilman to ever get a figma.

Yā€™knwo, Iā€™ve never realized how many mecha/slice-of-life anime figures they make until now. Personally, I feel like they need to make more video game ones. Whereā€™s Peach? Arguably one of the most iconic female characters ever. I KNOW they have Nintendo licences, so I donā€™t get why we havenā€™t gotten her yet. At least they have the Samus-es.

1 Like

i recommend the youtuber ā€œjobby the hongā€ then. he reviews figma and all sorts of fun anime/gaming figures. extremely funny too.

1 Like

I feel like one by one all the thread regulars are starting to give up on the game. :frowning:

Yeah. Iā€™m more invested in DA4 even if thatā€™s years and years away.

Yep, Iā€™m starting to get bored of Overwatch, too. :disappointed:

Iā€™ll give OW some time since theyā€™ve mentioned they were working on something but just busy.

Itā€™s difficult to keep playing the same thing over and over especially for those that have been playing the game since launch. There were some Youtube content creators that kind of decided to stop. Sometimes I see people who barely touch OW criticize veteran fans; like of course itā€™s going to be refreshing for you since you barely touch the game.

You know, it comes and goes, you donā€™t have to always be playing the game to enjoy the game. Taking break is vital for keeping your interest going.

But, when outside of the game, nothing is happening (and by that I mean lore) and there are no big updates coming (new heroes) then itā€™s hard to keep your already dwindling interest alive.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. I think I prefer to play OW more casually or whenever I am in a good mood. I think to be fair, I can believe the OW developers are human too so it will take some time for new content to arrive.

The lore is wellā€¦ I love the lore, I do, but Iā€™d like to see more of it. Hopefully the comics they mentioned earlier are good.

The thing is, it was less of a ā€œweā€™re working on comicsā€ confirmation and more of a ā€œweā€™d like to do comics again in the futureā€ shrug.

1 Like

Ohhh I mustā€™ve missed that hmm. I thought that was only referring to Tracer/Emilyā€™s lore since Michael mentioned heā€™d love to do more on them.

I think someone at Blizzcon asked them if there will ever be more comics and their response was basically that.

1 Like

I still kept bookmarks of the winter comic Twitter links. They both were released around December 20-21. Iā€™d hate to expect that there will be one this year but it would be nice.

Iā€™d honestly prefer nothing to another bait like with Yeti.

The Yeti hunt thing was cute, but it just crushed me when I realised that the new comic isā€¦ that.

Either give us proper comics or nothing. Donā€™t waste the artistsā€™ time, use them to deliver a proper lore product.

2 Likes

I think the Blizzcon comment about comics was something in the line of ā€˜ā€™ comics will come back ā€˜ā€™ but when that happens, who knows.

2 Likes

The Yeti comic was actually drawn by a fan but was commissioned by Blizz. So congrats to Onemegawatt but youā€™re right that it wasnā€™t really lore-related.

1 Like

I honestly think theyā€™ll only do a new comic every once in a while to advertise a new hero.

We could expect a new hero in March that might have some ties to lore to an existing hero since new heroes are usually released in March, July, November. Since itā€™s in March, there might be a chance it could be Archives related since the event happens the month after.

22 Ana 19 July 2016
23 Sombra 15 November 2016
24 Orisa 21 March 2017
25 Doomfist 27 July 2017
26 Moira 16 November 2017
27 Brigitte 20 March 2018
28 Wrecking Ball 24 July 2018
29 Ashe 13 November 2018